Wiki Posts
Search

Changing BAEC renewal date.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Changing BAEC renewal date.

My renewal date is 8th May. My wife’s renewal is 8th Feb. I am Gold she is Silver. I have maintained gold as of last week.
it is possible for me to in effect finish my year early and change my renewal date to Feb? So that we are in sync?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
No it’s just not possible to change your year end date.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Changing an existing BAEC expiry date is not allowed. Its a definite No I'm afraid.....
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Afraid not. The only way would be to close one account and then open a new one at just the right time, but that would lose all Avios and TPs in the account.

Of course having staggered membership years does have some advantages.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
It can be annoying. We travelled together on my way to gold and I got it but she didn't. Despite amassing the same number of points in less than 12 months, her's were split over 2 TP years.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Thanks. We will just have to deal with it.
bosskh likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by fruitcage
Afraid not. The only way would be to close one account and then open a new one at just the right time, but that would lose all Avios and TPs in the account.

Of course having staggered membership years does have some advantages.
Could pay to gift Avios across but yes TP’s gone. another option could be a household account to pool them together.

Opening a new account at same address is probably a no-no, but I guess another address could be used instead....

So I think there could be creative ways to align the dates but would be some administration and impact.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 3:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
It can be annoying. We travelled together on my way to gold and I got it but she didn't. Despite amassing the same number of points in less than 12 months, her's were split over 2 TP years.
If you always travel together, the best arrangement is to have your year end date 6 months apart. Lounges, baggage allowance, the First Wing, seat selection, fast track, premium check-in is all guest-able so by having a 6 month gap you can be more creative over time, for example if you need to take a break from travel for a while. Having the same date is actually the worst option.
orbitmic, mikeyfly and anniegray like this.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you always travel together, the best arrangement is to have your year end date 6 months apart. Lounges, baggage allowance, the First Wing, seat selection, fast track, premium check-in is all guest-able so by having a 6 month gap you can be more creative over time, for example if you need to take a break from travel for a while. Having the same date is actually the worst option.
Yes, I know - it's all personal situations and timing. You're right, she generally only travels with me but it would have been nice for her to have been gold when she took her mum away. Some you win ... etc.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The same, mutatis mutandis, is true of credit cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.