FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Coke Zero - enhanced for good? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1992543-coke-zero-enhanced-good.html)

Quark999 Oct 25, 2019 7:04 am

Well, as long as there are at least 50+ different alcoholic drinks on board, who needs more than two non-alcoholic choices?

I'm obviously biased generally not consuming alcoholic drinks, but it would be nice if there was more variety of non-alcoholic options, not less.

u01sss3 Oct 25, 2019 7:31 am

I asked for a vodka with coke zero in CW recently and the CC commented it was a very specific request. I didn't think it was that odd!

notakeenflyer Oct 25, 2019 8:04 am

Originally Posted by BillyBleach (Post 31664658)
Presumably due to the heavy advertising of Diet Coke towards women in the 80s and 90s.

The advertising was towards women, but it was a guy drinking it with his shirt off when he finished mowing the lawn. I miss the pay cheques from those adverts now. *sigh* 💪🏻

My biggest dilemma on the ground when buying Coke Zero is do I want vanilla, peach, raspberry or mango flavour?

BlueThroughCrimp Oct 25, 2019 8:25 am

The original Coke Zero was fine. The updated one to me is horrid, and moved back to Diet Coke, as long as it's Coca-Cola GB Diet Coke.

EJetter Oct 25, 2019 11:34 am

Bitter Lemon has also been deleted.

Gshumway Oct 25, 2019 11:41 am

Originally Posted by notakeenflyer (Post 31665084)
The advertising was towards women, but it was a guy drinking it with his shirt off when he finished mowing the lawn. I miss the pay cheques from those adverts now. *sigh* ����

My biggest dilemma on the ground when buying Coke Zero is do I want vanilla, peach, raspberry or mango flavour?

Here I would have that problem with Diet Coke, not Coke Zero. Only other flavor of Coke Zero I have seen is Orange Vanilla (vile). I however would love to see Mezzo Mix Zero.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...fb6adbfc70.jpg

Soulfish Oct 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Quark999 (Post 31664917)
Well, as long as there are at least 50+ different alcoholic drinks on board, who needs more than two non-alcoholic choices?

I'm obviously biased generally not consuming alcoholic drinks, but it would be nice if there was more variety of non-alcoholic options, not less.

I'm similar in that I don't generally drink Alcohol in the lounges or while flying, and it's a real shame that Fanta has been enhanced away. The lack of choice when it comes to non-alcoholic drinks is incredibly disappointing. Especially when you consider that the UK as a whole is drinking less alcohol than ever, and in the 16-24 age range the number of teetotalers has increased to 30%. BA really need to adapt with the times that people are looking for greater choice in soft-drinks outside of just Coke.

ijgordon Oct 25, 2019 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer (Post 31661605)
Oh dear, kids will not be pleased at the loss of Fanta. Only place they are allowed one and only one can is on BA.

FWIW, they've removed a lot of sugar from Fanta, it's got quite a bit less than regular Coke, primarily to get under the sugar tax threshold.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31661481)
Therein is the issue, I suspect. People ask for diet coke, when they ask just coke, the crew reply "full fat or diet?", and the silver tins are all so easy to spot in the trays. Not helped by Coke themselves moving from "Coke Zero" to "Coke Zero Sugar" in some markets such as Australia.

It's been rebranded as Zero Sugar in most of the world by now.

tuonopepper Oct 25, 2019 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by itsmeitisss (Post 31660392)
I remember years ago doing the Pepsi Challenge. In spite of them chilling the Pepsi and not chilling the Coke, I still preferred the Coke...

I prefer Pepsi Max out of them all :-)

TedToToe Oct 25, 2019 3:48 pm

There are simply too many types of Coke, which means BA cannot please everybody all of the time. I blame Alex Cruz!

disclaimer: I don’t drink Coke in any shape or form.

sxc Oct 26, 2019 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia (Post 31660653)
The rebranding is “Coca Cola Zero Sugar.”

Just FYI in Australia it is “Coca Cola No Sugar”

KeaneJohn Oct 26, 2019 8:47 pm

They had Coke Zero in T3 GF today and I asked one of the chefs if it was being discontinued like it was on board and she said not that she was aware of. She said sometimes it didn’t come in but that was it.

LCSinTexas Oct 27, 2019 12:59 am

Originally Posted by zappomatic (Post 31665739)
Bitter Lemon has also been deleted.

Ooh, noo! No more Vodka - Bitter Lemon! :(