FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Holidays upgrades (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1986835-ba-holidays-upgrades.html)

Fatpenguin Sep 11, 2019 5:57 am

BA Holidays upgrades

Hello,

Thought I would ask here rather than ask an agent who may not know as much as people here, quite sad that we have to think that way!

Looking at booking week away next summer, OH, 7 yo and myself, can find two seats on the flight that are upgradable. Is it possible to book for the three of us and upgrade 2 seats and pay to upgrade other seat and still be on same booking.

Thanks
FP

cgtechuk Sep 11, 2019 6:28 am

No, You all must be in the same cabin on the same booking, Closest you could get is 2 on one booking one on the other and "link" them together which in the BA Holidays scenario wouldnt really work

Fatpenguin Sep 11, 2019 6:34 am

Thanks, sorry I didn't explain myself properly.

I want to book the holiday for the three of us, pay for two economy tickets and upgrade with Avios and pay for one seat in CE.

GiddyKipper638 Sep 11, 2019 6:55 am

I believe that you could book for the 3 of you and ask for 2 economy seats and one CE as part of the package. I believe you will have to call to do this. What I would like to alert you to is the fact that a lot of BA Holidays bookings fall into fare buckets in economy that ARE NOT upgradable using Avios (Q, O and G fares). This is not an issue if you are booking a PE ticket as they should be upgradable to next cabin if reward inventory exists but is an issue for some economy buckets. As such, when you speak with an agent and this is what you are looking to do, get them to check that it is actually possible. You may find that the price of your holiday increases if you need to book into a economy bucket that allows upgrades. Hope this makes sense!!

Fatpenguin Sep 11, 2019 7:36 am

Perfect sense, thanks, appreciate your answer.

JD1905 Mar 9, 2024 3:12 am

Rather than create a new thread, thought i’d jump on this.

Got a BAH booking to LAX, was looking at flight prices and i’d like to upgrade one leg of our booking to F, assume that is possible?

As some advice also, both flights are hopefully on a re-furbed 777 LHR-LAX is a day flight, with the return a night flight. My thinking is i’m better off upgrading the outbound for CCR, rather than the return? Alternatively could just do AA, but not ever looked at their F.

DeathSlam Mar 9, 2024 4:58 am

Originally Posted by JD1905 (Post 36065672)
Rather than create a new thread, thought i’d jump on this

Ideally create a new thread for a new question rather than append to an existing 5 year old thread.
Some of us old duffers can end up wasting a lot of time reading revenant posts.

lcylocal Mar 9, 2024 5:07 am

Originally Posted by JD1905 (Post 36065672)
Rather than create a new thread, thought i’d jump on this.

Got a BAH booking to LAX, was looking at flight prices and i’d like to upgrade one leg of our booking to F, assume that is possible?

As some advice also, both flights are hopefully on a re-furbed 777 LHR-LAX is a day flight, with the return a night flight. My thinking is i’m better off upgrading the outbound for CCR, rather than the return? Alternatively could just do AA, but not ever looked at their F.

I assume you are talking about a cash upgrade for the difference in fare between what you booked (Club World both ways?) and First one way. If so yes it’s possible. The agent may be able to waive the change fee, but this isn’t any kind of written down policy.

In terms of whether you do it east or westbound. As you say from London you have the CCR and it’s more likely you will likely want to be awake most of the flight and enjoy the food and drink. Coming the other way you will probably appreciate the larger sleeping space as it’s overnight and there is still some time from the West Coast to eat. So I think it’s down to what you value.

JD1905 Mar 9, 2024 5:20 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal (Post 36065797)
I assume you are talking about a cash upgrade for the difference in fare between what you booked (Club World both ways?) and First one way. If so yes it’s possible. The agent may be able to waive the change fee, but this isn’t any kind of written down policy.

In terms of whether you do it east or westbound. As you say from London you have the CCR and it’s more likely you will likely want to be awake most of the flight and enjoy the food and drink. Coming the other way you will probably appreciate the larger sleeping space as it’s overnight and there is still some time from the West Coast to eat. So I think it’s down to what you value.

Thanks - yes that is correct, booked CW both ways but just looking to pay the fare difference one way. I think i'm leaning towards the outbound for CCR and daytime flight. I checked AA and it doesn't look so great. Will give BA Holidays a call,