BA Holidays upgrades

Old Sep 11, 19, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Brown
BA Holidays upgrades

Hello,

Thought I would ask here rather than ask an agent who may not know as much as people here, quite sad that we have to think that way!

Looking at booking week away next summer, OH, 7 yo and myself, can find two seats on the flight that are upgradable. Is it possible to book for the three of us and upgrade 2 seats and pay to upgrade other seat and still be on same booking.

Thanks
FP
Old Sep 11, 19, 6:28 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
No, You all must be in the same cabin on the same booking, Closest you could get is 2 on one booking one on the other and "link" them together which in the BA Holidays scenario wouldnt really work
Old Sep 11, 19, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks, sorry I didn't explain myself properly.

I want to book the holiday for the three of us, pay for two economy tickets and upgrade with Avios and pay for one seat in CE.
Old Sep 11, 19, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Silver , Hilton Gold
I believe that you could book for the 3 of you and ask for 2 economy seats and one CE as part of the package. I believe you will have to call to do this. What I would like to alert you to is the fact that a lot of BA Holidays bookings fall into fare buckets in economy that ARE NOT upgradable using Avios (Q, O and G fares). This is not an issue if you are booking a PE ticket as they should be upgradable to next cabin if reward inventory exists but is an issue for some economy buckets. As such, when you speak with an agent and this is what you are looking to do, get them to check that it is actually possible. You may find that the price of your holiday increases if you need to book into a economy bucket that allows upgrades. Hope this makes sense!!
Old Sep 11, 19, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Perfect sense, thanks, appreciate your answer.

Search this Thread