FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Why I’ll be displaying my BA Bronze Luggage Tags (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1985467-why-i-ll-displaying-my-ba-bronze-luggage-tags.html)

watsonville Sep 1, 2019 8:22 am

Why I’ll be displaying my BA Bronze Luggage Tags

Having read the snobbery on here towards BA Bronze holders, I’ve decided to be happy with my “low status”. After all, BA think I’m worth sending tags to use. Sure you don’t get a massive deal of extras with Bronze, but still something, and BA do recognize that your loyalty is worth something.

I’m going to use my Bronze Tags on my carry on and hold luggage. Because not everyone has their work pay for their flights, and as a 19 year old student, being BA bronze in my own right makes me happy. Just a light post to oppose some of the snobbery on here, and to remind people to be happy with their own lot. :P

madfish Sep 1, 2019 8:30 am

You’re right. Not everybody has work pay for their status. There are a fair few on here who are bronze, silver, gold, GGL and even CCR who pay for all their own travel. Should these people be given higher recognition by BA? :)

T8191 Sep 1, 2019 8:30 am

Good for you, young Sir! Wear them with pride, and as a demonstration of your loyalty! ^

BTW, don’t take the snobbery too seriously. Just make sure you don’t use the Group 1 queue unless your in the right cabin! :D :D

Happy travels. ;)

antichef Sep 1, 2019 8:35 am

You have the advantage over some of us who have never had Bronze tags. IIRC they are a relatively recent invention - well this century anyway ;)

bisonrav Sep 1, 2019 8:42 am

The targeted bronzes - and I'm probably more guilty of poking fun in this direction than most - are a specific type of self-important business traveller who you'll sometimes find jostling with you at the gate. There are plenty of perfectly charming bronzes, and to earn it off your own bat as a 19 year old is a great achievement, so hats off to you.

HIDDY Sep 1, 2019 8:44 am

Of course you should use them. ^

Being a Blue I just make do with a paper luggage tag....the type Paddington Bear uses.

SteveF Sep 1, 2019 8:45 am

I’ll be surprised if they last more than one journey. Mine never do irrespective of colour or airline.

subject2load Sep 1, 2019 9:12 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 31479311)
Of course you should use them. ^

Being a Blue I just make do with a paper luggage tag....the type Paddington Bear uses.

But you’re always proud to tell us you never actually fly anywhere these days ..... hence the lifetime blue status :cool:

Paddington Bear is normally to be seen at railway stations, I believe .....
Or are those paper tags just for car journeys ?! :D

AdBoy Sep 1, 2019 9:38 am

Originally Posted by watsonville (Post 31479245)
Having read the snobbery on here towards BA Bronze holders, I’ve decided to be happy with my “low status”. After all, BA think I’m worth sending tags to use. Sure you don’t get a massive deal of extras with Bronze, but still something, and BA do recognize that your loyalty is worth something.

I’m going to use my Bronze Tags on my carry on and hold luggage. Because not everyone has their work pay for their flights, and as a 19 year old student, being BA bronze in my own right makes me happy. Just a light post to oppose some of the snobbery on here, and to remind people to be happy with their own lot. :P

So happy that you want to show it off to everyone else?

‘I look down on him....’

LTN Phobia Sep 1, 2019 10:01 am

Originally Posted by watsonville (Post 31479245)

I’m going to use my Bronze Tags on my carry on and hold luggage. Because not everyone has their work pay for their flights, and as a 19 year old student, being BA bronze in my own right makes me happy. Just a light post to oppose some of the snobbery on here, and to remind people to be happy with their own lot. :P[/left]

Ahhh... there is a bit of a misunderstanding here, I suspect.

The ones that we have some kind of a snobbery against are self-important looking DYKWIA business types who behave in a somewhat disgraceful DYKWIA manner because they're bronze, not those who are bronze and behave in a reasonable manner!

It's their "status-induced" behaviour that tends to get bashed, not their Bronzeness. :D

Just don't imitate those DYKWIA Bronzes and you'll be fine!

T8191 Sep 1, 2019 10:02 am

Originally Posted by AdBoy (Post 31479430)

So happy that you want to show it off to everyone else?

‘I look down on him....’

It needs the cloth cap and short stature to carry it off perfectly. ;)

T8191
Tall and smartly dressed.

:D

Fatdickie Sep 1, 2019 10:31 am

Well done for getting Bronze
no snobbery here

Have you achieved this through regular flights in Y or splashed out on a few selective flights in CE?

Scots_Al Sep 1, 2019 10:33 am

Originally Posted by AdBoy (Post 31479430)

‘I look down on him....’

I’ll be VERY impressed if a 19 year-old gets that cultural reference! :D

T8191 Sep 1, 2019 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Scots_Al (Post 31479564)

I’ll be VERY impressed if a 19 year-old gets that cultural reference! :D

Fair call! At my advanced age (no, not ‘old’) I’m increasingly aware of how much my lifetime has become a closed book to so many. Anyone here remember ‘skiffle’? Lonnie Donegan? :)

Scots_Al Sep 1, 2019 10:41 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 31479590)
Fair call! At my advanced age (no, not ‘old’) I’m increasingly aware of how much my lifetime has become a closed book to so many. Anyone here remember ‘skiffle’? Lonnie Donegan? :)

No! ;)