Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Why I’ll be displaying my BA Bronze Luggage Tags

Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Having read the snobbery on here towards BA Bronze holders, I’ve decided to be happy with my “low status”. After all, BA think I’m worth sending tags to use. Sure you don’t get a massive deal of extras with Bronze, but still something, and BA do recognize that your loyalty is worth something.

I’m going to use my Bronze Tags on my carry on and hold luggage. Because not everyone has their work pay for their flights, and as a 19 year old student, being BA bronze in my own right makes me happy. Just a light post to oppose some of the snobbery on here, and to remind people to be happy with their own lot. :P
Jed, Dambus, AlanA and 62 others like this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
You’re right. Not everybody has work pay for their status. There are a fair few on here who are bronze, silver, gold, GGL and even CCR who pay for all their own travel. Should these people be given higher recognition by BA?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Good for you, young Sir! Wear them with pride, and as a demonstration of your loyalty! ^

BTW, don’t take the snobbery too seriously. Just make sure you don’t use the Group 1 queue unless your in the right cabin!

Happy travels.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
You have the advantage over some of us who have never had Bronze tags. IIRC they are a relatively recent invention - well this century anyway
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
The targeted bronzes - and I'm probably more guilty of poking fun in this direction than most - are a specific type of self-important business traveller who you'll sometimes find jostling with you at the gate. There are plenty of perfectly charming bronzes, and to earn it off your own bat as a 19 year old is a great achievement, so hats off to you.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Of course you should use them. ^

Being a Blue I just make do with a paper luggage tag....the type Paddington Bear uses.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:45 am

I’ll be surprised if they last more than one journey. Mine never do irrespective of colour or airline.
watersign and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Of course you should use them. ^

Being a Blue I just make do with a paper luggage tag....the type Paddington Bear uses.
But you’re always proud to tell us you never actually fly anywhere these days ..... hence the lifetime blue status

Paddington Bear is normally to be seen at railway stations, I believe .....
Or are those paper tags just for car journeys ?!
lalala, T8191 and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by watsonville
Having read the snobbery on here towards BA Bronze holders, I’ve decided to be happy with my “low status”. After all, BA think I’m worth sending tags to use. Sure you don’t get a massive deal of extras with Bronze, but still something, and BA do recognize that your loyalty is worth something.

I’m going to use my Bronze Tags on my carry on and hold luggage. Because not everyone has their work pay for their flights, and as a 19 year old student, being BA bronze in my own right makes me happy. Just a light post to oppose some of the snobbery on here, and to remind people to be happy with their own lot. :P
So happy that you want to show it off to everyone else?

‘I look down on him....’
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by watsonville

I’m going to use my Bronze Tags on my carry on and hold luggage. Because not everyone has their work pay for their flights, and as a 19 year old student, being BA bronze in my own right makes me happy. Just a light post to oppose some of the snobbery on here, and to remind people to be happy with their own lot. :P[/left]
Ahhh... there is a bit of a misunderstanding here, I suspect.

The ones that we have some kind of a snobbery against are self-important looking DYKWIA business types who behave in a somewhat disgraceful DYKWIA manner because they're bronze, not those who are bronze and behave in a reasonable manner!

It's their "status-induced" behaviour that tends to get bashed, not their Bronzeness.

Just don't imitate those DYKWIA Bronzes and you'll be fine!
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AdBoy

So happy that you want to show it off to everyone else?

‘I look down on him....’
It needs the cloth cap and short stature to carry it off perfectly.

T8191
Tall and smartly dressed.

AdBoy, babats and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Well done for getting Bronze
no snobbery here

Have you achieved this through regular flights in Y or splashed out on a few selective flights in CE?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by AdBoy

‘I look down on him....’
I’ll be VERY impressed if a 19 year-old gets that cultural reference!
origin, AdBoy, T8191 and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Scots_Al

I’ll be VERY impressed if a 19 year-old gets that cultural reference!
Fair call! At my advanced age (no, not ‘old’) I’m increasingly aware of how much my lifetime has become a closed book to so many. Anyone here remember ‘skiffle’? Lonnie Donegan?
AdBoy, redrose59 and nancypants like this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by T8191
Fair call! At my advanced age (no, not ‘old’) I’m increasingly aware of how much my lifetime has become a closed book to so many. Anyone here remember ‘skiffle’? Lonnie Donegan?
No!
T8191 and nancypants like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.