Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Checked Luggage left on delayed AA flight after switch to BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked Luggage left on delayed AA flight after switch to BA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:52 am

US internal flights don't have that rule
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
as noted above, isn't the only single issue the fact he was landing at LGA and departing JFK?

would be no different than landing at LGW and departing LHR, where you would need to collect your bag at LGW and re-check at LHR.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is being over-complicated. OP was on one ticket BOS-LHR. Thus, the last delivering carrier is responsible for locating and delivering the bag (and providing any reimbursements for interim costs or loss should it come to that). That is BA.

The fact that the bag was tagged to LGA is rrelevant.
The fact that OP was originally connecting to an AA service is irrelevant.
The fact that the bag was tagged to LGA is irrelevant (can't tag a bag across a change of airport)
The fact that the bag was not off-loaded when OP was has been US practice since 2003.
Cap'n Benj likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by Barrheadlass
As a librarian I thought you were off to a literary festival when you mentioned reading!
similar thought. i was thinking how nice a book festival would be in the UK.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Blue Skye
similar thought. i was thinking how nice a book festival would be in the UK.
Start planning! https://oxfordliteraryfestival.org/ and https://www.hayfestival.com/wales/home to name but two.
Blue Skye and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I was on a severely delayed AA flight to CUN from JFzk and passengers were offered a flight the following day or deplane and we would depart within a few hours either on the aircraft we were on or a replacement one. We were assured the flight would operate as the crew were just starting their duty. They did say anybody thstndecided not to travel their bags would not be offloaded. It was however relatively easy to track the bag on the AA app and this was with BA tags issued at LHR, reclaimed at JZfK and dropped in express connections,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.