FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Another BA schedule change, FOC on OW partner? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1977593-another-ba-schedule-change-foc-ow-partner.html)

ms101 Aug 21, 2019 9:16 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 31439841)
I am afraid what you have been told is rubbish, see posts 3 and 6, as this is a joint business route with AY rebooking from BA to AY if your time change is more than 120 minutes should be fine. I have been rebooked to AY and so have a few others on this thread. Probably best to try again.

thanks! which number did you call for this?

I thought it strange as well, as I read through this thread a few weeks ago! so when the response was that they could either rebook me onto a "BA-operated flight only" or for me to get a full refund and I would have to make a new booking, I was very confused. To be fair this was on twitter, I didn't call as I'm out of the country at the moment and didn't want to rack up calling charges.

KARFA Aug 21, 2019 10:19 am

Originally Posted by ms101 (Post 31439982)
thanks! which number did you call for this?

I thought it strange as well, as I read through this thread a few weeks ago! so when the response was that they could either rebook me onto a "BA-operated flight only" or for me to get a full refund and I would have to make a new booking, I was very confused. To be fair this was on twitter, I didn't call as I'm out of the country at the moment and didn't want to rack up calling charges.

i just called my exec number. If you need to keep charges down there is always Skype.

in terms of doing it you may need to remind them it is a joint business route so rebooking on AY should be fine. Ideally rebook under the ba codeshare as you will earn fewer avios on the AY flight number.

ms101 Aug 23, 2019 8:39 am

Used skype to call and successfully changed the booking ^ It did take quite a while (45 minutes) as the agent also repeated that she would need special permission as they usually could only rebook onto another BA operated flight.....

I need these flights as part of my tier retention, am I correct that since this is a BA marketed flight (rebooked under BA codeshare flight number) this will count towards status?

KARFA Aug 23, 2019 8:41 am

Originally Posted by ms101 (Post 31447682)
Used skype to call and successfully changed the booking ^ It did take quite a while (45 minutes) as the agent also repeated that she would need special permission as they usually could only rebook onto another BA operated flight.....

I need these flights as part of my tier retention, am I correct that since this is a BA marketed flight (rebooked under BA codeshare flight number) this will count towards status?

well done, and yes it will count as you have booked it under the ba codeshare.

ms101 Aug 23, 2019 8:44 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 31447689)
well done, and yes it will count as you have booked it under the ba codeshare.

much thanks on the guidance :D

Cymro Aug 23, 2019 8:47 am

Originally Posted by ms101 (Post 31447682)
this will count towards status?

Even on AY flight numbers, you'd have earned tier points towards status.

With a BA codeshare on the booking, you will also get BA earnings for avios and it will also count as one of your 2 (for Bronze) or 4 (for Silver and above) qualifying flights.