FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Another BA schedule change, FOC on OW partner? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1977593-another-ba-schedule-change-foc-ow-partner.html)

GetSetJetSet Jul 10, 19 2:41 pm

Another BA schedule change, FOC on OW partner?
 
Just got another BA schedule change email, 2nd in 2 days. This one moves my departure from 11am to 7:55am. It's not terrible, but still 3+ hours. Unfortunately there are no more BA operated flights on that day. However, there are 4 AY flights, including one within 40 minutes of my intended time of departure. Can I ask BA to rebook me FOC on the AY flight that is closer to my timing, or I can only stick with a BA operated flight? LON-HEL is the routing.

GetSetJetSet Jul 10, 19 2:56 pm

just want to know what is reasonable to ask for before waiting on hold for 20 min.

KARFA Jul 10, 19 2:57 pm

as LHR-HEL is a joint business route with AY and your time change is more than 120 minutes, rebooking on an AY flight should be ok.

GetSetJetSet Jul 10, 19 3:00 pm


Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 31290326)
as LHR-HEL is a joint business route with AY and your time change is more than 120 minutes, rebooking on an AY flight should be ok.

Perfect, thx!

Dicksbits Jul 10, 19 3:02 pm

Seems to be quite a few going on for the autumn...My LHR - VIE in mid-Dec has moved back 90 minutes. Received text and email tonight.

KARFA Jul 10, 19 3:10 pm

just to add you may wish to book on the BA codeshare on an AY operated flight. The avios earning rate under an AY code is much less than under BA when crediting to BAEC so you don't want to lose out if you were originally booked on a BA flight number.

Nephoi Jul 10, 19 3:13 pm


Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 31290326)
as LHR-HEL is a joint business route with AY and your time change is more than 120 minutes, rebooking on an AY flight should be ok.

I'll take a guess and I think, he got the same rerouting as I did.

his flight now leaves LHR 7.55 (3 hrs earlier) so my plane can leave 13.50 (3 hrs earlier)...

ms101 Jul 10, 19 10:37 pm


Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet (Post 31290263)
Just got another BA schedule change email, 2nd in 2 days. This one moves my departure from 11am to 7:55am. It's not terrible, but still 3+ hours. Unfortunately there are no more BA operated flights on that day. However, there are 4 AY flights, including one within 40 minutes of my intended time of departure. Can I ask BA to rebook me FOC on the AY flight that is closer to my timing, or I can only stick with a BA operated flight? LON-HEL is the routing.

Got the exact same change in schedule. Really don't want to have to go to the airport so early. My return flight was also changed from 5.05pm to 1.30pm :mad: terrible as i have a separate booking for an AY domestic flight that lands in Helsinki at 1.20pm so now I'm going to have to call BA to try to change my flight. What's up with all these changes? Even my AY domestic flight was cancelled and I had to reroute.

MikkelErikson Jul 10, 19 11:49 pm

Exactly same as you, will be phoning today to move to the AY flight with BA codeshare.

I cant get the airport for 07:55 without a hotel, and for the return we have a birthday lunch so will need to move to AY or Ba next day.

Is moving to AY and option, or can I get BA to pay the hotel and move the return to the following day? I need either scenario, or a combination of both.

Wasabi Tofu Jul 10, 19 11:52 pm

Are we talking about FOC (Funzhou) in China ?
MH and KA have direct flights from KUL and HKG respectively.

KARFA Jul 11, 19 12:10 am


Originally Posted by MikkelErikson (Post 31291462)
Is moving to AY and option, or can I get BA to pay the hotel and move the return to the following day? I need either scenario, or a combination of both.

yes, changing to AY is an option, see post 3.

stu1985 Jul 11, 19 2:30 am

I got the same change yesterday which left me with 3 hours less in Helsinki. Called up and there was no issue changing me to the 4pm AY flight (on the A330... much better than the 320 which I was going to be on!).

Sailbot3310 Jul 11, 19 3:25 am

Just moved my flights too, LHR - AY over New Year. Very simple to do, now booked on AY flights whilst getting my BAEC avios bonus. Ironically, better flight times than I originally booked.


Changes to your booking cannot currently be made online. If you would like to buy travel extras, please contact our customer service.
Now I'm unable to select a seat on BA or Finnair (booking reference works on both). Any idea if seat selection will be available online shortly after the change (a processing time?) or should I phone BA/Finnair as instructed? I always find seat selection on the phone hard as I have no idea what's taken!

esledo Jul 11, 19 3:44 am


Originally Posted by Sailbot3310 (Post 31291849)
Any idea if seat selection will be available online shortly after the change (a processing time?) or should I phone BA/Finnair as instructed?

No, the online seat selection via AY MMB will not work until olci if you are on a codeshare. You need to call or alternatively use the chat function at finnair.com.

tuonopepper Jul 11, 19 3:54 am


Originally Posted by Sailbot3310 (Post 31291849)
Just moved my flights too, LHR - AY over New Year. Very simple to do, now booked on AY flights whilst getting my BAEC avios bonus. Ironically, better flight times than I originally booked.



Now I'm unable to select a seat on BA or Finnair (booking reference works on both). Any idea if seat selection will be available online shortly after the change (a processing time?) or should I phone BA/Finnair as instructed? I always find seat selection on the phone hard as I have no idea what's taken!

When I've had this I've DM'd Finnair on Twitter and they sorted seats for me.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:04 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.