Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free seat selection at T-48?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Beergander
T-48 hours and free seat selection not available to this Blue?
Are you on a Plus fare, simple single or return ticket, booked via BA.com?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Are you on a Plus fare, simple single or return ticket, booked via BA.com?
booked via BA holidays direct
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

booked via BA holidays direct
If booked into G then I doubt this would be a Plus ticket and thus not eligible for the 48 hour seat selection. Had you booked into a more expensive fare bucket then you would have had it.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Although in the situation in my OP, the return leg was in G, and they got free seat selection at T-48 for that leg too. I wonder what dictates whether Holidays end up as Plus or Basic then...
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Son #2 had free seat selection 48 hours before his flight tomorrow and is no coloured tags at all. Eco + bags.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:23 pm

T-48 hours and free seat selection not available to this Blue?
Evidently good things do come to those that wait. No option to checkin so duly presented ourselves at checkin desks 2.5 hrs before flight. Handed boarding passes and all 4 of us were upgraded from WTP to Club! Just what was needed for a 10.5hr flight. BA can be ace sometimes
Deltus and EDIwanderer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.