Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR T5 departure in First: What is your ideal pre-flight routine?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T5 departure in First: What is your ideal pre-flight routine?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by noFODplease
I am flying in First on Tuesday with someone who has never been in that cabin or in the lounges. Our flight is at 16.45 - given that lounge time will end at 16.00, our plan is to arrive at 11am. I can hear the gasps of shock from the frequent fliers but our approximate flow is thus:

11-12: Terrace
Coffee, array of Viennoiserie, possibly some kippers; read the daily papers front to back and ease into the day

12-12.40: Spa
Gasp at the new Kelly Hoppen stool coverings. Two massage treatments in succession

12.40-13.30: Bar
First glasses of champagne arrive and are drunk. Second glasses follow and are swiftly despatched

13.30-14.30: Restaurant
4 course lunch with wine tasting

14.30-15.15: Terminal
Luxury shopping where we will probably buy absolutely nothing

15.15-16.00 Terrace
Dessert, espresso martinis or possibly coffee

16.00 Leisurely departure for gate.

I don't see much leeway here for arriving any later!
I like your style. Two of us traveling in F for the first time next April, LHR-ORD. We will have a similar plan for our first (and likely last) visit to the Concorde Room.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:08 pm

Arrive in the CCR five hours before the flight. Sample and enjoy all aspects of it.

Ignore the frequent flyers; they have a different agenda and have long since lost the ability to relax and enjoy an experience.
EDIwanderer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.