Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Choose your meal in advance... except to Sydney (and Abuja)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Does anyone knows why flights to Sydney (where Mrs Y & I are flying to) and Abuja (where we're not) are excluded from the "choose your meal in advance" whilst travelling in J? I thought it maybe due to the SYD involving a stop, though the Abuja service is a direct flight. We're sitting at the rear of the cabin (our choice) which of course means last served.
Old May 23, 2019, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
No pre-order on BEY/AMM either - and I suppose the DME/SVO/TLV flights operated by the A321. I guess this is due to storage space issues.

Perhaps ABV is return-catered, leading to the same limitations?
Old May 23, 2019, 1:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Not sure whether it's just an IT glitch but there's no pro-order for me on on the BA135 to Mumbai mid June either.

EDIT: It is an IT glitch.

Last edited by golfmad; May 23, 2019 at 1:50 pm
Old May 23, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by BA6501
No pre-order on BEY/AMM either - and I suppose the DME/SVO/TLV flights operated by the A321. I guess this is due to storage space issues.

Perhaps ABV is return-catered, leading to the same limitations?
Why would pre-ordering require additional storage space? DME/SVO have never had pre-ordering, not on the widebodies either, neither in J or F.
nancypants likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Not sure, but that's what I've been told by a couple crew recently on those flights (something to do with the new Club service, as you could pre-order on BEY/AMM previously).
Old May 23, 2019, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
SYD is not available for pre-order as the food for the SIN-SYD sector is loaded at Singapore and not in London. If you're starting your journey in London, you should be able to pick your meals for the LHR-SIN leg.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Not sure whether it's just an IT glitch but there's no pro-order for me on on the BA135 to Mumbai mid June either.
Here is a followup response from the GGL team. Pre-order not available for flights connecting in LHR. Do people think that this is correct? If so it must affect a lot of passengers connecting through LHR.

"I have been advised that as your departure is a through flight departing from MIA and connecting in Lon to Bom, the system does not allow pre allocation. As appose [sic] to your return, which is available to pre book the meal as you have a stopover in LON. Unfortunately we do not have a workaround at present for this issue and any meal request will have to be made on the flight on the day."

Last edited by golfmad; Jun 9, 2019 at 8:14 pm
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
Here is a followup response from the GGL team. Pre-order not available for flights connecting in LHR. Do people think that this is correct? If so it much affect a lot of passengers connecting through LHR.

"I have been advised that as your departure is a through flight departing from MIA and connecting in Lon to Bom, the system does not allow pre allocation. As appose [sic] to your return, which is available to pre book the meal as you have a stopover in LON. Unfortunately we do not have a workaround at present for this issue and any meal request will have to be made on the flight on the day."
This is not true. I have pre-ordered meals all the time flying from LHR to a qualifying destination after flying Europe-LHR in the same ticket.
Maybe CW to CW, WTP to WTP or F to F does not permit pre-ordering but I don't think so.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
This is not true. I have pre-ordered meals all the time flying from LHR to a qualifying destination after flying Europe-LHR in the same ticket.
Maybe CW to CW, WTP to WTP or F to F does not permit pre-ordering but I don't think so.
Perhaps just LH to LH? It doesn't seem right to me but as I mainly have a stop over when flying LH through LHR I cannot confirm. Mine is F to F next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.