Wiki Posts
Search

Least reliable BA routes

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by djbenedict
This illustrates the shortcoming of only looking at which route is least reliable. In my experience the JNB 747 flights are very reliable (indeed I always opt for these in preference to the A380 flights exactly because of the difference in reliability, despite preferring the A380 in general). So you need to look at individual flight reliability, not just overall route I think.
Sorry, yes, I actually meant discrete flight numbers.
Old May 18, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kosy91
What's the motivation for this?
Someone trying to find a way to scam compensation money out of BA comes to mind as a possibility...
Old May 18, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by SKT-DK

Someone trying to find a way to scam compensation money out of BA comes to mind as a possibility...
I don't think it is possible to work a "scam", as you are either on the passenger manifest or not. Compensation only becomes payable to those on the manifest in certain clearly defined circumstances.

If you are seeking compo, I thought the previous consensus was that you would be better off looking for a regularly overbooked flight and volunteering and taking the denied boarding benefit?
Old May 18, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by antichef
I don't think it is possible to work a "scam", as you are either on the passenger manifest or not. Compensation only becomes payable to those on the manifest in certain clearly defined circumstances.

If you are seeking compo, I thought the previous consensus was that you would be better off looking for a regularly overbooked flight and volunteering and taking the denied boarding benefit?
You could buy fully refundable tickets on those flights. If they look to operate normally, you refund them. If they are delayed you check in, ckaim compensation, and ask for a refund.

Two problems with that: BA would probably begin to notice this after a while, and it may not be exactly legal.
Old May 18, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by LCY8737

You could buy fully refundable tickets on those flights. If they look to operate normally, you refund them. If they are delayed you check in, ckaim compensation, and ask for a refund.

Two problems with that: BA would probably begin to notice this after a while, and it may not be exactly legal.
Thanks, that makes sense and I agree it could be done that way - but it was not what I thought was a "scam" as you are on the manifest. It would be a very doubtful practice and would rapidly be obvious.

Many cancelled tickets and a few compo claims would stand out, particularly if it was routes you did not often fly. In the last decade I think I have only had one compo claim and I probably cancel a dozen tickets per year, but all on my regular routes as plans change.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LCY8737

This was exactly what I was thinking
Old May 22, 2019, 8:37 am
Suspended

GIB is not reliable, many diversions to Malaga becouse of strong wind

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.