Wiki Posts
Search

GGL and Premier on a plane

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
GGL and Premier on a plane

Flew out to Bermuda last week from Gatwick and was talking to one of the crew and she happened to mention that on this flight there happened to be 20 GGL and 3 Premier Club folk on the plane. (I was just about to turn 'normal' gold, but happened to be in First)

That got me thinking what the 'record' was for GGL and/or Premier Club people on a plane was - and when they have so many on a single flight, who gets priority? I know it's not the most important of topics, just random thought for the day.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
I don't have any figures. But you usually see a lot going through City and especially on the Zurich and Frankfurt flights.
I guess CIV wins out and or prems come first. Then the rest.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I have seen some pretty GGL heavy JFK and SFO flights at times of particular conferences or events.

I have to admit, Prem wise, I never really got to see many, served one or two in Club over time, but not that many.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
My big boss is a Premier and he never got upgraded to F when flying in J whatsoever!

I am a GGL and I got upgraded to F many times.

Probably it is a matter of luck
Old May 1, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, Virgin Gold
I fly BDA-LGW at least once a month up the front. I can confirm that it is very GGL and sometimes Prem-heavy. BA has a nice monopoly on the direct route, and charges to reflect that unfortunately.
bermudasun likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by dbthebolt
I fly BDA-LGW at least once a month up the front. I can confirm that it is very GGL and sometimes Prem-heavy. BA has a nice monopoly on the direct route, and charges to reflect that unfortunately.
Once a month up front !! Nice work if you can get it 👍
HighwayToHEL likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I was on the 777 from mad to lhr last month and was pretty sure to get upgraded to the not sold nor serviced f.. But alas. 14 others were. I didn't say anything but heard another pax asking the crew that he was gold and why he wasn't upgraded .
I couldn't believe when they said those were all ggls.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Late last year I was on the A380 to Singapore and was told by the CSD that I was one of 5 GGLs sat in Y. I'm not sure how many were in the other cabins. He let on that this was "very unusual".
Old May 1, 2019, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
I couldn't believe when they said those were all ggls.
For what it’s worth, I think it was extremely unprofessional of the crew to give that information and I’d be absolutely fuming if I was one of the people FLUB’ed and knew the crew mentioned my status to some random grumpy passenger.

my status is nobody else’s business, it is for me to decide whether I want anyone to know about it and who. If someone is complaining that they were not given the seat they want, they should be politely advised that 1) they are sat in the cabin they bought and 2) if they are unhappy with their seat they should write to customer relations. If this doesn’t satisfy them, then quite frankly they can just keep sulking.

under no circumstances is it acceptable for a crew member to share personal information about a given customer with another customer, be it their name, their job, their nationality, their frequent flyer status or anything else. Doing so is wholly unprofessional and rather cretinous and if I had overheard such a conversation I’d make a formal complaint to ba about it.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by dbthebolt
I fly over 4/5 times a year. I think this visit was 'heavy' with GGL etc, because of the ITU Trialthlon and the number of elite athletes on the plane. (Funny thing about the BDA flight is it can be full in First and Club and pretty much empty in Economy).
Old May 1, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by orbitmic

For what it’s worth, I think it was extremely unprofessional of the crew to give that information and I’d be absolutely fuming if I was one of the people FLUB’ed and knew the crew mentioned my status to some random grumpy passenger.

It may have been a throwaway and/or diversionary comment.

I’ve done that route a couple of times on the 777 in Club and not been “upgraded”, but I can confidently say that those sitting there were just lucky at check in, and were not there due to status.
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 4:13 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
under no circumstances is it acceptable for a crew member to share personal information about a given customer with another customer...
In reality, I very much doubt it happened the way it was reported above.
orbitmic and CloudGazer like this.
Old May 1, 2019, 4:46 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Sorry, rarely fly BA, just happened to hit silver based on orphan J flights. What is Premier club and CIV? Thanks
Old May 1, 2019, 5:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Sorry, rarely fly BA, just happened to hit silver based on orphan J flights. What is Premier club and CIV? Thanks
Here's a link to the forum glossary that should answer your questions:

BA Forum Glossary
Quinlanty likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
I’d suggest that accolade would probably go to something like the Flying Start 20m GGL concert in the air flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.