FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Smoothies ‘enhanced’ ! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1966852-smoothies-enhanced.html)

carrotjuice Apr 25, 2019 6:04 am

What’s a “smoothie”? I’ve only ever heard them being referred to by crew onboard as “energiser drink”! ;)

And quite stingy are crew about it too, as in “Would you like a juice OR energiser drink?” - to which I would answer “Both.” but not without feeling that BA has succeeded in making me feel that I’ve been greedy.

GavT_london Apr 25, 2019 6:05 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 31035268)
Seriously? This is frankly weird. Plenty of other airlines offer smoothies and have no apparent issues with the glassware. Is there an alternative offered? A second guest fresh squeezed juice (grapefruit, carrot, beetroot, etc) would not come amiss.

they have trouble offering orange juice as a welcome drink [enhanced away] - do you think they could cope with a second guest juice????

ChrL Apr 25, 2019 6:19 am

I love those smoothies. I'll normally try and get a little extra sleep, skip the main breakfast and just have two glasses of smoothie.

mikebg Apr 25, 2019 6:30 am

Once again, I repeat, BA will never know how you feel unless masses of you write in to complain!!

timol Apr 25, 2019 6:34 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 31035525)
And quite stingy are crew about it too, as in “Would you like a juice OR energiser drink?” - to which I would answer “Both.” but not without feeling that BA has succeeded in making me feel that I’ve been greedy.

Exactly. Btw, your FT handle clearly makes you highly qualified to contribute in this thread ;)

Flexible preferences Apr 25, 2019 6:40 am

I also love those smoothies. A recyclable paper cup would do it, as long as they don't use a plastic glass though.

corporate-wage-slave Apr 25, 2019 6:45 am

If the paper cup was printed in Club World colours - or even a few retro liveries - they could become a talking point rather than an issue. It could also be sold as being useful for those waking at the last moment, rather than giving out crockery in the final approaches.

I can see the problem, the smoothie bits would get glued on to the glass and no machine is going to be effective in getting them off. I keep meaning to do a smoothie mini-rant since I'm not that fond of the vanilla one, but the banana ones are good.

Originally Posted by GavT_london (Post 31035527)
they have trouble offering orange juice as a welcome drink [enhanced away] - do you think they could cope with a second guest juice????

It's not on the tray but it's not enhanced away. In fact crew will now get you any soft drink now, I go for sparkling water. Just ask.

Dover2Golf Apr 25, 2019 6:52 am

Originally Posted by footballfanatic (Post 31035501)
I’d rather get them in paper than not at all

Our customers told us they preferred paper cups to the existing glass ware in club world!

nancypants Apr 25, 2019 7:06 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 31035626)
If the paper cup was printed in Club World colours - or even a few retro liveries - they could become a talking point rather than an issue. It could also be sold as being useful for those waking at the last moment, rather than giving out crockery in the final approaches.

Qantas had some rather fetching ones made for the new Dreamliner Yam Dreaming livery (of course I am now unable to locate a picture of this).

Appreciate it’a perhaps not that eco friendly though

DoctorCopper Apr 25, 2019 7:28 am

Originally Posted by fluffymitten (Post 31035498)
I can see complaints about that! "I've paid for a CW ticket and my smoothie is in a PAPER cup!"

More like: "I've paid for a CW ticket and my champagne is in a PAPER cup!"

Doc Copper

windowontheAside Apr 25, 2019 7:53 am

Most paper cups are not recyclable though as they have a thin plastic coating. A truly paper cup tends not to be very liquid resistant, so I can see that introducing paper cups in the current zeitgeist might not be a smart move.

djbenedict Apr 25, 2019 8:09 am

This prompts the thought: how clean can the glasses actually be, if the cleaning process can't remove a bit of dried fruit pulp? What if there was, I don't know, some dried mucus instead? I guess it wouldn't be removed. Ugh. (Perhaps best not to pursue train of thought further)

funkydory Apr 25, 2019 8:16 am

What about smoothie in a plastic cup?

f4monty Apr 25, 2019 8:24 am

So BA is able to put some of the most complex machines into the air thousands of times every year, keep them there and make more than a billion pounds in profit... but it can't work out how to easily get a bit of dried fruit off a glass? I will give my services for a few thousand a year if they need a washer-upper with a bit of common sense...

AAtticus Apr 25, 2019 8:50 am

Are we sure it's the smoothie and not the eggs that have been enhanced?