FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Smoothies ‘enhanced’ ! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1966852-smoothies-enhanced.html)

Confus Apr 25, 2019 3:18 am

Smoothies ‘enhanced’ !

In the comical way that only BA can manage, ‘energising smoothies’ are being removed from all CW breakfast services from 1 June. Apparently this has been caused because no one can work out how to clean the champagne flutes once they’ve been used for smoothies.

’Sledgehammer’ and ‘nut’ spring to mind.

orbitmic Apr 25, 2019 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Confus (Post 31035258)
In the comical way that only BA can manage, ‘energising smoothies’ are being removed from all CW breakfast services from 1 June. Apparently this has been caused because no one can work out how to clean the champagne flutes once they’ve been used for smoothies.

’Sledgehammer’ and ‘nut’ spring to mind.

Seriously? This is frankly weird. Plenty of other airlines offer smoothies and have no apparent issues with the glassware. Is there an alternative offered? A second guest fresh squeezed juice (grapefruit, carrot, beetroot, etc) would not come amiss.

Can I help you Apr 25, 2019 3:24 am

Absolutely correct, rest assured internally within BA we are trying to have this stupid decision reversed.

windowontheAside Apr 25, 2019 4:18 am

Wow. The smoothie is the only breakfast item I typically have. And sometimes I have two. Oh the shame of causing two dirty glasses.

fruitcage Apr 25, 2019 4:23 am

Real shame. One of the most pleasant and consistent items on the BA CW menu.

Cap'n Benj Apr 25, 2019 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 31035269)
Absolutely correct, rest assured internally within BA we are trying to have this stupid decision reversed.

I hope 'how about we use a different type of glass' has been suggested to the brain trust

MarkFlies Apr 25, 2019 4:51 am

To be fair, they are very difficult to clean once the stuff has dried in.

Can I help you Apr 25, 2019 4:56 am

There are other options, let’s see wait an see.

fluffymitten Apr 25, 2019 5:01 am

I guess catering doesn't have an industrial dishwasher!

Back in my yoof, I worked in my local Little Chef for a while. There was nothing their dishwasher couldn't remove! Huge great machine it was.

balowlyblue Apr 25, 2019 5:02 am

Surely they can do a tie-up with innocent smoothies in the same vein as brewdog?

PETER01 Apr 25, 2019 5:20 am

Originally Posted by MarkFlies (Post 31035403)
To be fair, they are very difficult to clean once the stuff has dried in.

Not if they were to use Fairy Liquid :)

Hopefully it's just a very short temporary enhancement re no Smoothies.

bmibaby737 Apr 25, 2019 5:29 am

Sad. Best part of the breakfast. Love them.

HIDDY Apr 25, 2019 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 31035269)

Took me two seconds to think of a solution.....serve them in a BA paper cup instead of a glass.

fluffymitten Apr 25, 2019 5:48 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 31035487)
Took me two seconds to think of a solution.....serve them in a BA paper cup instead of a glass.

I can see complaints about that! "I've paid for a CW ticket and my smoothie is in a PAPER cup!"

footballfanatic Apr 25, 2019 5:50 am

I’d rather get them in paper than not at all