Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA dumps FT (the pink one, not this one)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Mutu
Well I applaud them.

Less weight, less fuel, less emissions
Less physical newspaper, fewer trees felled
Scrap the lot I say.
Nothing in the T&Cs to say complimentary newspaper included.
There is Pressreader to view on a tablet in this digital age and BA are actively encouraging its use

Way to go
But they don't include FT in pressreader.
kaka, ba_cityflyer and TPRun like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by orbitmic
...can’t enforce people being reasonable or not serving plates of food they don’t eat etc.
You just deduct avios and TPs from their accounts.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:22 am

Interesting article, although it is only FT's opinion that BA have dropped them due to adverse coverage. The way I see it, FT have the right to decide on how and what they wish to report, and BA have the right to review what newspapers they offer. That said, I do hope they can sort it out and resume supply on BA. Looks like FT are coming out fighting so no sign of a truce yet!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
I wonder what a foreigner viewing the newspapers BA has to offer would make of contemporary Britain...
kaka likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:25 am
Suspended

They can afford the legal fees if they need to sort out any errant journalism.

Will The Guardian be going soon https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...lly-ripped-off

after advising passengers to go to the small claims court?

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Apr 17, 2019 at 3:31 am
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by mikebg
Just don't bother sending me a standard form reply.
I've written that quite a bit recently, but then noticed that nobody acknowledges the feedback in that case. They probably move it to the "useless rant" folder.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Some predictable trolling by VS (Embedded tweet will be blank if you have an ad blocker enabled):

"Dear readers of the @FinancialTimes, it’s not too late to change your airline."
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Some predictable trolling by VS (Embedded tweet will be blank if you have an ad blocker enabled):

https://twitter.com/VirginAtlantic/s...43669890174978

"Dear readers of the @FinancialTimes, it’s not too late to change your airline."
They might say BA started it!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...Bond-film.html

BA airbrushes Branson from in-flight Bond film
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Thanks, that's a very interesting article and it was the impression I had (contract was terminated due to negative coverage of BA by the FT). Petty reaction by BA and I daresay the mindset of whoever made the decision (presumably the person right at the top).

The implications are quite huge for a free press - the FT is supposed to stop any negative reporting on companies with which they have a relationship? Their first duty is to their readers.
kaka, subject2load, abligh and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by alpenlupe
Thanks, that's a very interesting article and it was the impression I had (contract was terminated due to negative coverage of BA by the FT). Petty reaction by BA and I daresay the mindset of whoever made the decision (presumably the person right at the top).

The implications are quite huge for a free press - the FT is supposed to stop any negative reporting on companies with which they have a relationship? Their first duty is to their readers.
Ironically I don't think many FT readers would agree with me, but BA's behaviour is indicative of a company that's got too big and is too powerful.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by cauchy
Ironically I don't think many FT readers would agree with me, but BA's behaviour is indicative of a company that's got too big and is too powerful.
I think most FT (pink one) readers would agree with you, I certainly do.
kaka, abligh, TPRun and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
Are people really going to choose their airline on the basis of the FT being available. Nope didn’t think so.
Not for that reason alone, but it all accumulates, so in some cases it could be a (albeit small) contributory factor. I can never get hold of The Times in GF in T5, and seem to be left with a choice of The Sun and Daily Mail, either of which I want to read. Yes there's Press Reader which is good, but it too has a limited selection.
subject2load likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:37 am

If BA has stopped providing the FT because they're unhappy with FT's coverage of BA rather than for any financial reasons then they're penalising their own passengers in order to be vindictive.
dajdavies likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
Not for that reason alone, but it all accumulates, so in some cases it could be a (albeit small) contributory factor.....
Yes, when it all accumulates to a significant contributory factor, then that affects revenues.

I’m sure there are many business travellers flying for work who have to read the FT as part of their job, so if they’re on a crack of dawn flight to a meeting and prefer a paper version, going to WHSmith to get a paper is just another task that they may want to avoid in an already busy day.
TPRun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.