Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR food temperature

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
CCR food temperature

I experienced the new First the other day, and will probably leave my views in the other thread, but overall a fine trip to BOS was bookended by very poor catering standards in the CCR.
I flew GLA – LHR, and had a good three hours in the CCR so chose to eat in the dining room. My wife and I shared two dishes, the chicken and sweet potato curry, and the pancetta wrapped cod loin. The curry was ok, and reasonably hot, but not piping hot. One forkful of the cod and we discovered that whilst it was cooked, it was completely cold. Not even lukewarm, it was room temperature. We immediately sent it back, and got profuse apologies. A new dish reappeared which was much better.
On our return a few days later, we again went to the CCR post F, and prior to our GLA shuttle. I had the club sandwich, which was fine, if a little meagre in portion size, my wife choosing the steak currently on the menu. Before long, she was presented with a freshly cooked steak, hot and cooked just as she asked for it. It was accompanied by stone cold mushrooms, tomatoes and chips. Again, not just lukewarm, but truly room temperature.
I could have put the first time down to bad luck, but twice ? Has anyone else had similar issues ? It’s a bad day when cabin crew (primarily there for your safety, remember) can produce far better standards at 38,000 ft in an aircraft galley than dedicated catering staff in a purpose built kitchen. A kitchen in an airline’s premier lounge !!!! Again we complained, and as luck would have it we got a passing manager type, who said he would personally ensure the food was prepared properly, which it was.
Overall, a very poor show in food quality, and potentially food safety too.
Discovery Bay likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:28 pm

I was victim of cold toast for breakfast on my last (or possibly second last?) visit to the T5 CCR. It took 3 attempts to get toast that was warm, but not hot.

I think I was one of the folks who got to try the new Sunday roast offering last year, whilst it was a decent option, the gravy (in a separate gravy boat/jug) was stone cold.

On the other hand, please don't get me started on their inability to offer cold water - it is usually room temperature (which, in my opinion, is warm!). I now ask for a glass of ice to be filled with sparkling water.

Even as a CCR card holder, I do not visit that frequently as some on here due to avoiding BA where possible, but food/drinks not at acceptable temperature is not something new.
Discovery Bay likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rossmacd
food/drinks not at acceptable temperature is not something new.
That's pretty shocking. So what is going on ? I understand that in pretty much all restaurants dishes are partially prepared in advance, but some one must be in charge, and thinks it is acceptable to send out cold food.
As an aside, I also dining in the Concorde Dining in BOS, and clearly elements of my dish were pre-prepared, with the fillet steak cooked fresh, but it was all hot !!

And the CCR dining wasn't that busy on either occasion.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Have any of you written to BA about it? If there is no feedback (both positive and negative) nothing can ever improve.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikebg
Have any of you written to BA about it? If there is no feedback (both positive and negative) nothing can ever improve.
Not yet, but I certainly intend to do so.
And fully expect to get some generic cut and paste response, saying sorry for losing my luggage or some other nonsense........
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Cold toast, or at best lukewarm toast, is certainly something I have experienced, since that tends to be my entire CCR breakfast. It doesn't bother me, since unless one is personally hovering over a toaster it isn't unusual to end up with that.

But for other items I can't say I've noticed this as an issue generally.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA 3MM, UA 1MM
I had lunch in the CR on Friday and had the Ribeye steak.
It was accompanied by a basket of chips that were "stone cold'.
The steak was was barely an acceptable temperature but edible. The cherry tomatoes were cold although appeared having been grilled
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
I normally ask for glass of water with plenty of ice in CCR. 9 times out of 10, there is no ice and I have to ask again for some.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bullroot
I normally ask for glass of water with plenty of ice in CCR. 9 times out of 10, there is no ice and I have to ask again for some.
very odd. i would be a bit miffed if i only got what i asked for 1 time out of every 10 in the CCR.
HMPS likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
very odd. i would be a bit miffed if i only got what i asked for 1 time out of every 10 in the CCR.
I guess that would be a normal reaction. It seems to be the way bullroot feels too.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I have around 4 layovers per month in the ccr and love it. It's the only time I get a tasty soup that I can eat without burning my gum right away ruining the next courses and I can't recall anything not being to my liking..
If I politely ask for a quick lunch as I just have 30min it's always done and if I have time they spread it out to a nice 4 courses .
The steak was good.. The cod great.. And the Mille feuille got my Michelin star.. 🌟

Sorry for ur disappointment of course . Come back more often and you will love it.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:18 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Yes - cold food was always my issue with the CCR. You'd get a breakfast where 2 or 3 of the items were stone cold, whereas the other items were nice and hot.

Plus, of course, there was always at least one item forgotten
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:30 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
I was in a very quiet dining room for breakfast last week and whilst the food was hot and delicious I did notice some slight disorganisation with who was serving our table (dishes not cleared). However the staff were still as friendly and eager as ever and it didn’t spoil my visit
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:33 am

Just to add my data points - properly hot food every time I've been there (3 breakfast, 1 lunch), except the toast which was room temperature.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
I do find the food standards in the CCR to be fairly inconsistent not just temperature but quality too, if im in a rush i often prefer just to head to the buffet in GF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.