Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to input SHA for BA reward ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

How to input SHA for BA reward ticket?

I put Sha....only PVG comes up, any trick I can get SHA show up?

Thank you so much!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:22 pm

The website understands SHA as the code for Hongqiao airport but searching for it is counter-intuitive. What worked for me was to enter SHA and then don’t select anything from the pop-up list of suggested airports.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CXYYZ
The website understands SHA as the code for Hongqiao airport but searching for it is counter-intuitive. What worked for me was to enter SHA and then don’t select anything from the pop-up list of suggested airports.
Yeah, took me a while to figure out that trick for booking ex-SOU on Flybe as well...
Old Jun 5, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Frustrating how BA.com is made harder to use for those who have an idea about what they're doing... happened in the older design too, but the new is even more restricting.
Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Frustrating how BA.com is made harder to use for those who have an idea about what they're doing... happened in the older design too, but the new is even more restricting.

Input MAN in a redemption search and you're first offered Managua, then Manchester, New Hampshire. Our Northern Powerhouse comes third, just above Mangalore.

Helpful for Guatamala-based BAEC members, I guess.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: AA : BA
And if you want ORD, you have to use metro area CHI - even though they don't go anywhere else such as MDW??
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Do any of you guys have recent experiences with this? I pulled off a SHA-HKG points booking last year, but I have not been able to get any SHA flights to show up in searches this year. This could be due to a lack of availability, but I'm guessing not; while the SHA flights are obviously in higher demand than PVG flights, there are 2-3 per day, and I searched many dates.

FYI, one problem here is that, in addition to being the code for Hongqiao Airport, SHA is also the metro code for all airports in Shanghai (including PVG).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.