Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class vs Economy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I was queueing for a desk at the first wing last week and there was someone standing next to us offering us drinks.

Never noticed the whiff of BA as I've walked through there before though!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
It was pleasant chewing gum for the eyes, and I have no complaints [apart from Nigel Havers' exclusive Y exit row!]. I'm sure the general public would have enjoyed it more, but we here probably know too much to be impressed by the programme.

Yes, we've been offered refreshments whilst passing through the First Wing, but frankly the offering in the FLounge is more appealing! And I have a feeling I've noticed the Cedar scent in the air ... I shall check for that carefully next time!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Tilly71
That shot was truly not a reality point of flying in Economy, when do you ever get a seat on your own out of three row seats.

As gold each of the 2 times I have ever flow in economy long haul.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:41 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I thought it was possibly filmed over outbound for one, return for the other?
That seems likely. I recorded it but now deleted, however my recollection is that her nail varnish changed from black as PAX to red as crew.
It also just makes sense.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:07 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by T8191
It was pleasant chewing gum for the eyes
More fluff than on a pair of First slippers.
T8191 and redrose59 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Tilly71
That shot was truly not a reality point of flying in Economy, when do you ever get a seat on your own out of three row seats.
Coming back from Kuala Lumpur a couple of weeks' back I got an entire centre block row.

All rather spoiled by someone shifting into the other empty aisle seat.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
I missed excitement of BBC's Airport and Jeremy Spake, for me it was just meh...
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:08 am

"Normally, cabin crew must have years of experience before they are allowed to work in First."

I seem to remember we had it confirmed in this forum that this is not the case.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Classic C5, but easy to watch. Was it me or was the cabin lighting dramatically OTT? I am guessing that the film crew had lights for the benefit of TV...although its been a year since I've flown long haul so perhaps I'm forgetting something.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Originally Posted by jp-mco
"Normally, cabin crew must have years of experience before they are allowed to work in First."

I thought it was CW they threw the new guys into but F was still something you worked towards.

Happy to be corrected by someone who knows tho!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by jp-mco

Originally Posted by GaxxyFlyer
I thought it was CW they threw the new guys into but F was still something you worked towards.

Happy to be corrected by someone who knows tho!
It used to be the case that you had to have worked for 10-15 years plus before you got a sniff of First Class training... But, since MF has come into existence, I think it is 6 months now before you can be First Class trained.

So, I think they are quoting/harking back to the old arrangements, and what still is the case on WW, but not in the new realms of BA.
Bearface and GaxxyFlyer like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
It used to be the case that you had to have worked for 10-15 years plus before you got a sniff of First Class training... But, since MF has come into existence, I think it is 6 months now before you can be First Class trained.

So, I think they are quoting/harking back to the old arrangements, and what still is the case on WW, but not in the new realms of BA.
Odd that they use the word “normally” as it doesn’t seem to be the ‘norm’!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Min 6 months for CW training and I think you have to invited to go up to F. According to my lodger who is cabin crew at the moment.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
So basically no experience!
BingBongBoy, wrp96 and alex67500 like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Coming back from MIA last year. Two youngsters serving in F on 747. The CSM later confirmed that they were 'strait out of training'. Neither even knew that there should have been an appetiser and had to go and ask. The boy serving me completely forgot that some bread should be offered with the soup. I had completely finished my entire meal before my partner received his main course. It was a very poor First experience overall. The response from the CSM who had not been seen in the First cabin until I went to find him, "I can only apologise". Which was correct. He did nothing else! All other passengers were either asleep or had not been in First before and did not know how it should have been.
adrianlondon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.