Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI failure on US-bound leg

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
OLCI failure on US-bound leg

AA-issued ticket for my OTP-PHX jolly. Checked in fine for OTP-LHR segment using the amadeus PNR, but I'm unable to check in for the BA-operated, AA-coded TATL flight - the site returns: "Sorry, we cannot complete online check-in for your flight on this occasion. Please proceed to the airport to check in and collect your boarding pass.". Now, I've seen that before, but it has never stopped me from doing docs check/greeting boarding passes at GF LHR T5... until today. The agent said he cannot check me in for outstation-originating flight. He's also refused to print the boarding pass for OTP-LHR, which I am already checked in for. I offered to give him the other shadow PNR and/or eticket number, but he flat refused saying that he will get told of if he accesses outstation systems
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
SSSS?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by TheChangingMan
SSSS?
Potentially... I thought they would have cleared me after the last chat with DHS... Maybe not.

But SSSS aside, the agent's reluctance to access the ticket originating in OTP is what puzzled me - I've never had it for AMS- or DUB-originating trips
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I am confused. Are you being denied boarding while physically at OTP for your flight to LHR?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
I am confused. Are you being denied boarding while physically at OTP for your flight to LHR?
Nah, I'm at LHR, with OTP-LHR later today and OTP-LHR-JFK-* tomorrow morning. I wanted my boarding passes printed in advance so that I can maximise my sleep time tomorrow morning and go straight to the gate...
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by wmaciej
Nah, I'm at LHR, with OTP-LHR later today and OTP-LHR-JFK-* tomorrow morning. I wanted my boarding passes printed in advance so that I can maximise my sleep time tomorrow morning and go straight to the gate...
It may be the agent was correct but generally I've been able to persuade LHR and LGW agents to print off out-station boarding passes so long as they have checked-in status. Hopefully the App will keep you going until you return to London but you could try another agent in another part of the building after setting your inherent Charm Factor to Maximum. Don't forget you need your ESTA print out for OTP unless you are a USA legal resident or on a full visa in your passport.

Check in not working for the AA flight in this situation is entirely normal, but I hope you have tried the AA App. And a BA agent won't touch that if not checked in.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:40 am

So you want to do an airport checkin today for a flight tomorrow?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It may be the agent was correct but generally I've been able to persuade LHR and LGW agents to print off out-station boarding passes so long as they have checked-in status. Hopefully the App will keep you going until you return to London but you could try another agent in another part of the building after setting your inherent Charm Factor to Maximum. Don't forget you need your ESTA print out for OTP unless you are a USA legal resident or on a full visa in your passport.
Yeah, I will try my luck after the shift change ;-) He's suggested trying a ticketing desk (why? no idea), but I'm quite comfortable in GF at the moment, so will leave it as the last resort.
Thanks for the ESTA reminder, I am prepared

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
So you want to do an airport checkin today for a flight tomorrow?
Well, I'm checked in for OTP-LHR and have a mobile boarding pass, LHR-JFK is causing trouble - but in principle yes, this is what I am trying to achieve.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Well, I'm checked in for OTP-LHR and have a mobile boarding pass, LHR-JFK is causing trouble - but in principle yes, this is what I am trying to achieve.
BA agents can check you in on SABRE, but it would be unorthodox to do this. As I guess you know one aspect is the different AA locator here, and other than SABRE won't check you in until it seems Amadeus' checked in status, and the interface for this is extra crummy. So in your shoes I would not even bother for LHR-JFK unless you can get AA online options to work; in any case there are loads of opportunities to get this resolved in T3. But OTP-LHR - that you should be able to get in my view.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks CWS.

So progress - I've managed to check in for LHR-JFK leg using BA app (it's under 24hrs to departure now - maybe that mattered?) but no boarding pass because of docs check. Now I see no reason why I can't get the boarding passes printed today at LHR following a document check.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
I had the same issue with checking in for a LHR-JFK flight on Thursday - the reason was my ESTA had expired. Luckily I was able to apply and get approved quickly enough for the boarding pass to be issued. I had no trouble getting the first BP printed in London though. The lady at check-in was very helpful through the stressful process of realising i’d messed up.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: KLM FB Gold, LH M&M
Is this maybe related to the physical document checks and "informal chat" done by AA security staff at T3 for US-bound flights?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:03 am

Thanks CWS.

So progress - I've managed to check in for LHR-JFK leg using BA app (it's under 24hrs to departure now - maybe that mattered?) but no boarding pass because of docs check. Now I see no reason why I can't get the boarding passes printed today at LHR following a document check.
Yes, if you are fully checked in, I would agree. Try the GC agent upstairs perhaps?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I am flying to JFK tomorrow morning and I can't get my online boarding pass either.

The DUB-LHR is fine, but the LHR-JFK won't allow it to be printed or downloaded.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I am flying to JFK tomorrow morning and I can't get my online boarding pass either.

The DUB-LHR is fine, but the LHR-JFK won't allow it to be printed or downloaded.
Well done, you have probably won the special SSSS lottery

You should be able to get the bp at DUB check in desks.
BingBongBoy, downinit and aidy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.