Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Arriving soon ... the new re-imagined BA Club World Seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
First BA Twitter post:
https://twitter.com/British_Airways/status/1106857665068707840

BA Instragram post with 4 photos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvEKjO-n9hg/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=14p0om4wqz650

Print Wikipost

Arriving soon ... the new re-imagined BA Club World Seat

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by Purescotsman

another insider teaser perhaps? 🛫💺😃
The rendering looks every bit stunning even though many here have outlined the possible flaws that may arise with the seat.

One thing tho, I can't see this being fitted onto 4 class planes without BA stepping up the F hard product as we may otherwise run into a bit of ambiguity as to which cabin is which...
stevie, orbitmic and estate like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by dougzz
Cabin crew told me it was an airbag, I didn't like as much as a regular seat belt. I noticed the middle seats had shoulder belts too, not just the lap belt.
There are two ways of designing such seats. AFAIK you can either have a lapbelt with an airbag in it OR you can have two seatbelts, with the 2nd belt being an 'over the shoulder' one used only for take-off and landing. Up to the airline. Not sure why an airline would have both.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Raffles
There are two ways of designing such seats. AFAIK you can either have a lapbelt with an airbag in it OR you can have two seatbelts, with the 2nd belt being an 'over the shoulder' one used only for take-off and landing. Up to the airline. Not sure why an airline would have both.
More to be revealed on the NEW thread tomorrow, then?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
The rendering looks every bit stunning even though many here have outlined the possible flaws that may arise with the seat.

One thing tho, I can't see this being fitted onto 4 class planes without BA stepping up the F hard product as we may otherwise run into a bit of ambiguity as to which cabin is which...
I like your teasing! ^

Looking forward to seeing it all tomorrow and hopefully hear about the first 2-3 routes our other great insider CIHY is telling us about!!
G-CIVC and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
Well it's possible I confused different AA flights, but I'm sure I had the airbag version in window, and noticed across the aisle had a shoulder belt, but that may not have had an airbag in the lap part.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I never realised, or was told, that the AA belts contained an airbag!

Happily I never actually needed to discover what it was!
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I was very tempted to give you a big clue on my last post but I was finding it difficult not to reveal anything.
stevie, orbitmic, T8191 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I was very tempted to give you a big clue on my last post but I was finding it difficult not to reveal anything.
So the new seat will come with the first A350 G-XWBA and due in July 2019. followed by G-XWBB in September 2019. The first two to three routes would be the A350 operated in a configuration of 56J/56W/219Y. (So now are we speculating 14 rows of new CW in 1-2-1 layout, a new CW seats that matches the best of AA???)

But we need more details...lol
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Go on, we know you can do it subtly, and you like the game as much as we do!
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by ShuttleRunner
Not interested in the slightest.

1) CW is fine for what it is, comfortable enough for sleeping - if you don’t like stepping over people choose an aisle or pay for F.
2) how many years is it going to take for this to truly be rolled out? Too many.
3) will it really be better than competition or just meeting it? I suspect the latter.
Hmmmm I think to come on and check out the thread and then post a response, you have shown to have the slightest of interest!

haters will hate though!
tynmar and opus99 like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
...when the improved seats become standard and fares go up enormously. Clearly, if it's anything like the Waterfront seat, it would drastically reduce the number of seats that fit into the same cabin area so the fares would have to go up to justify it.
I'm not sure that's how market economies work.

Ultimately, the market will decide the going rate for a flat bed on a given route, not British Airways.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:09 pm
Suspended

OK, I am going to spread some rumours, using A35K seat map found in CX, to come up a possible seat map for BA A35K. Sorry for my PS skills. I did in a hurry and make sure the quality is so bad that nobody would actual believe in that.

[Seatmap copy right is SeatGuru]
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
I'm not sure that's how market economies work.

Ultimately, the market will decide the going rate for a flat bed on a given route, not British Airways.
Market economics are obviously heavily driven by supply and demand, if these seats are employed on the likes of AUS, SAN, CPT, replacing mid-j 747s, then they’d need 66 J seats to keep the same premium supply (counting J and F)

Do we know know many J seats are going in the A350
as yet, think I read 56 but can now not find it referenced anywhere
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

Market economics are obviously heavily driven by supply and demand, if these seats are employed on the likes of AUS, SAN, CPT, replacing mid-j 747s, then they’d need 66 J seats to keep the same premium supply (counting J and F)

Do we know know many J seats are going in the A350
as yet, think I read 56 but can now not find it referenced anywhere
The reference is in the BA new aircraft and retirement tracker thread.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Here are my two cents on this.
BA apparently (Alex Cruz said this) started developing their own seat. I can only imagine how complex that would be with all sorts of certifications (esp. when thinking about doors or just having people sit at a different angle than on other reverse herringbone seats with airbags and crash tests).
Looking at https://www.pushthink.com/galleries/...0-2b2b7e1654c6 they didn't reuse the existing Super Diamond or regular Diamond seats for the Waterfront concept. The Waterfront seat seems something different and would come with all these issues.
I remember reading a comment that when Alex Cruz took over BA they pivoted from developing their own seat to upgrading an existing product to create something new. At the time some manufacturers could not deliver enough seats - more risk and another reason to use something proven.
I could not find any indication that the Waterfront seat was shown at AIX 2017 or 2018. It was first shown 2016 but why not later? Even though today it would be a great seat. Maybe B/E Aerospace and Rockwell Collins used some of the design cues for the actual seat. The small table with the water bottle holder, the different IFE controller, ...
My guess is a Super Diamond with door, 4K display and potentially a new IFE controller.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.