Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class Flights UK to Auckland

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by Richardc77
Cripes that must take some dedication, and indeed the challenge of the wife....I better start stepping up my searching game.

Are there any tools that can assist with this guru level stuff for a newbie to it all?
Refresh this page several times a day:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/

etiene likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: AMEX PP;BAEC Bronze;Tesco CC Preferred;
I am retired and have the time.
I use ITA Matrix for my first search: matrix.itasoftware.com
  1. Do separate searches using ARN, CPH, HEL and OSL as your start point and AKL as your destination.
  2. Select " calendar lowest fares" button
  3. Pick a departure date and enter approx trip length.. (current latest return date it will offer you is 25 Feb 20 - about 11 months out).
  4. Business or above, no limit to stops
  5. GBP
  6. London as Sales City.
As an example, using a 8 Jan 20 ARN start for 28 nights gives SQ for £1992 in the resultant dates table outbound on 21 Jan back on 27 Feb. Click on any fare to get details of that and all other flights. Each flight can be expanded by clicking on the box. Other specific airline offers are in the top horizontal strip. Than go to the airline's website to find the same fare and check the fare restrictions, cancellation info etc. With SQ from their (clunky) website, going via DME, the price goes up to £2450 for a refundable ticket (£188 to cancel each). It really is all about experimentation; especially find out what the ITA Matrix website can produce/ show you: press every button and explore - it is quite informative and versatile.

This is much what I got until the QR sale info came through on their mailing list I had subscribed to. Also take Raffle's daily Head for Points newsletter ( right hand column of the Home page) - he picks up these offers very quickly.
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Charlie Whiskey
I am retired and have the time.
I use ITA Matrix for my first search: matrix.itasoftware.com
  1. Do separate searches using ARN, CPH, HEL and OSL as your start point and AKL as your destination.
  2. Select " calendar lowest fares" button
  3. Pick a departure date and enter approx trip length.. (current latest return date it will offer you is 25 Feb 20 - about 11 months out).
  4. Business or above, no limit to stops
  5. GBP
  6. London as Sales City.
As an example, using a 8 Jan 20 ARN start for 28 nights gives SQ for £1992 in the resultant dates table outbound on 21 Jan back on 27 Feb. Click on any fare to get details of that and all other flights. Each flight can be expanded by clicking on the box. Other specific airline offers are in the top horizontal strip. Than go to the airline's website to find the same fare and check the fare restrictions, cancellation info etc. With SQ from their (clunky) website, going via DME, the price goes up to £2450 for a refundable ticket (£188 to cancel each). It really is all about experimentation; especially find out what the ITA Matrix website can produce/ show you: press every button and explore - it is quite informative and versatile.

This is much what I got until the QR sale info came through on their mailing list I had subscribed to. Also take Raffle's daily Head for Points newsletter ( right hand column of the Home page) - he picks up these offers very quickly.

Many many thanks 🙏🏼
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC
It should be noted that Qsuites are reportedly starting to crop up on DOH - AKL route. QR only have a handful of 777-200LRs that they use for the longer routes to the US and NZ. I guess a few of them have been converted from 2-2-2 to Qsuites now. As ever with QR never book expecting a certain cabin configuration.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I got tickets in the Air China Chinese New Year sale. MUN-AUK with a 19hr layover in PEK doesn't sound great, but for £1,450 in J over Christmas (out Dec 21st) I don't really care...
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
It should be noted that Qsuites are reportedly starting to crop up on DOH - AKL route. QR only have a handful of 777-200LRs that they use for the longer routes to the US and NZ. I guess a few of them have been converted from 2-2-2 to Qsuites now. As ever with QR never book expecting a certain cabin configuration.
yes. When I booked, the DOH-AKL leg was 2-2 but has changed to QSuites in the last week. There seem to be more QSuite 777-200LRs now than 2-2 configs. It hasn’t changed back... yet
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by plunet
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling

yes. When I booked, the DOH-AKL leg was 2-2 but has changed to QSuites in the last week. There seem to be more QSuite 777-200LRs now than 2-2 configs. It hasn’t changed back... yet
As above, the 77L fleet is already at 6/9 so it's more likely than not right now. Next Feb I wouldn't bet on there being any 77L left in the old config.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:17 am
Original Poster

First Class Just Opened Up For LHR SYD next February, still some left..

Crikey, wasn't expecting to get lucky on a Tuesday afternoon but block of 8 dates in February on Tues/Weds just opened up so we bagged two companion voucher First seats one way, which is I guess a good use of 170k AVIOS!

Guess that's why you have to look at any time of the day, just in case...

So I suppose my next job is to start looking for flights back from SYD in a month, is the procedure just a matter of phoning up the exec club line if availability back pops up to add to the existing booking? Anyone know what the return taxes will add, the same £900+?

Thanks again for all the great advice on this thread, and for anyone looking for availability in Feb 2020 act quickly as there are still quite a few flights remaining...
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Got lucky this morning as two redemption Club world seats opened up for the return SYD - LHR leg, so consider the 290k Avios and £1400 fees to be a decent use for First out and Club back.

My question to you this morning is....what chance new Club Suite on the 777 SYD-LHR route in Feb 2020?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Richardc77
Got lucky this morning as two redemption Club world seats opened up for the return SYD - LHR leg, so consider the 290k Avios and £1400 fees to be a decent use for First out and Club back.

My question to you this morning is....what chance new Club Suite on the 777 SYD-LHR route in Feb 2020?
0 chance. sorry to disappoint
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Thought as much, but it was worth asking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.