Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Ideas sought for return of avios after 2-4-1 cancellation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Owing to the risk of huge financial loss from the possibility of BA strikes disrupting my travel plans I was forced to cancel a 2-4-1 booking online three weeks ago and rebook on another airline. I received the cash refund 10 days ago but as of this morning had still not received the avios refund (at 150,000 a non-trivial amount) or had the 2-4-1 voucher returned. After a whopping 1hr 45m waiting on the Gold line this morning I managed to speak to an agent who said she would organise the refund of the voucher and the avios. In a follow-up email later this afternoon she confirmed she had reinstated the 2-4-1 voucher but was unable to refund the avios and suggested I call "my nearest Contact Centre" who would be "happy to help" me. Sadly I was unable to find out whether they are happy to help me or not as BA are not currently taking calls on their Contact Centre number (they are disconnecting the calls, owing to the "extremely high" number of calls they are experiencing following the announcement of the strike dates). I am at a loss as to how to get my 150,000 avios back. The reinstated voucher expires soon and I need them in order to use it. Does anyone have any other ideas other than what I have already tried? Fax? Post? Twitter?
Old Aug 24, 2019, 8:19 am

Phone them.
Avios and voucher is usually instant (before the call ends) but fees take longer.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Phone them.
Avios and voucher is usually instant (before the call ends) but fees take longer.
Phone who? As stated in my post I have phoned the Gold Line and got nowhere as they stated they can't do avios refunds, and as I also stated, it is not currently possible to speak to anyone when phoning the UK Contact Centre. As also mentioned in my post I was refunded the fees and taxes 10 days ago and got the Gold Line to return my voucher today so it is only the avios I have yet to have returned to me.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by drpabs
Phone who? As stated in my post I have phoned the Gold Line and got nowhere as they stated they can't do avios refunds, and as I also stated, it is not currently possible to speak to anyone when phoning the UK Contact Centre. As also mentioned in my post I was refunded the fees and taxes 10 days ago and got the Gold Line to return my voucher today so it is only the avios I have yet to have returned to me.
I just called the BA Gold line and pressed various numbers for ‘other’ to check why I am unable to download the boarding pass for my wife, we are both BAEC Gold and flying in 1st tomorrow on the same booking and it seemed odd my download worked but not hers. Anyway, apologies for the long story...after 30 mins on hold I HUACA, this time selecting ‘sales, not with Avios’ and I was through to a human in less than a minute. Still no boarding pass but I feel vaguely more comfortable that nothing untoward is happening in terms of changes to our seats etc. You might like to try the same to get to talk to someone that can help you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.