Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Time in First!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by fruitcage
Cathay lounge is much much better, 30 feet away and BA F pax are welcome.
Thanks - they guy at the check-in desk even told us this, and I'd seen beforehand the more favourable reviews of the Cathay lounge. However, just wanted to see the BA Lounge for ourselves and once there couldn't be bothered to leave lol. Had some drinks and grazed a bit and that was ok. Just the lounge itself was nothing special and certainly don't see how it could be classed as better than CW lounges.

Looking forward to arriving back at T5 and checking out the ones there though.

Gary
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Recently used the CX Lounge at T3 ... not sure why everyone gets so excited about. Nice, but that’s about it.

98% OK … BA in Business, JER-LGW-LHR-PHX
Tobias-UK and Crismyth like this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by T8191
Recently used the CX Lounge at T3 ... not sure why everyone gets so excited about. Nice, but that’s about it.
I know why....
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I know why....
Oh, do tell!
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA Bronze. MLife Gold, Cunard Diamond, Total Rewards Diamond.
Enjoy your First time in First. Mine was last January from ORD thanks to a good airport upgrade offer. .The lounge hosts were great and entered into the spirit of it all. Judith at ORD took great delight to introduce the First Lounge host. and the pre flight dining. Do mention to the crew its your first time. Mine took great delight in explaining it all and couldnt stress enough that its "what you want when you want it " The only thing l didnt really enjoy was the Lounge, a few DYKWIAs , a horrible burger, my worst ever. But good interaction with the staff who seemed happy to chat and laugh.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:56 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I was able to get my bro, his wife, and a brand new baby booked using the Chase TRAVEL TOGETHER cert.

they are flying in BA F SEA-LHR-SEA in two weeks and it will be their first time in F on a 747.

they chose the middle seats due to the baby so I hope it doesn’t detract too much from the otherwise comfy seats (I have only ever sat in 1A on the 747 on all 3 of my F flights and I love it.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 355F1
I was able to get my bro, his wife, and a brand new baby booked using the Chase TRAVEL TOGETHER cert.

they are flying in BA F SEA-LHR-SEA in two weeks and it will be their first time in F on a 747.

they chose the middle seats due to the baby so I hope it doesn’t detract too much from the otherwise comfy seats (I have only ever sat in 1A on the 747 on all 3 of my F flights and I love it.
My fear....." brand new baby" in the cabin for our First coming up..... thankfully in four weeks.
86BA7 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by david55
My fear....." brand new baby" in the cabin for our First coming up..... thankfully in four weeks.
brand new babies are better behaved than old adults
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by m3red

brand new babies are better behaved than old adults
I'll take note and watch myself....as I am an " old adult".
T8191 and 86BA7 like this.

Last edited by david55; Mar 3, 2019 at 10:53 am
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by david55
I take note and watch myself....as I am an " old adult".
If you hang about with my cousin who lives on Whidbey Island then no matter how old you are, I suspect you're still capable of getting up to mischief.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
How early can we arrive and drop bags at JFK and enter the Concorde room? Flight is 20:55, but I've trapped a nerve in my neck and could do with being comfortable.

cheers, stephenjc
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Originally Posted by stephenjc
How early can we arrive and drop bags at JFK and enter the Concorde room? Flight is 20:55, but I've trapped a nerve in my neck and could do with being comfortable.

cheers, stephenjc
We were at JFK at around 1430 for a 2000 flight. Wanted to watch Andy Murray’s match at US Open on tv so got in early and a court side seat at the tv!
stephenjc likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by stephenjc
Sir Paul McCartney in 1A.
Wow....I'm not into today's celebrity culture - but Sir Paul is an exception for me.
subject2load likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by passy777
Wow....I'm not into today's celebrity culture - but Sir Paul is an exception for me.
Indeed! One of the very few ‘celebrities’ mentioned here I’ve actually heard of!
david55 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:34 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by passy777
I think he is one of the few that I'd actually embarrass myself with and ask for a "selfie".

​​​​​​Along with Eric Cantona.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.