FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Full House! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1956721-full-house.html)

bisonrav Feb 17, 2019 7:02 am

Full House!

Flying back from edi after a satay fare, and I think I have full house in FT trigger bingo:

1) group 1 bypassed by a large crowd of parents with small kids
2) woman in 1A stuffed her handbag under her seat
3) same woman hogging divider. But I'm a professional, I can rise above it (by putting my hot towel onto her paper)
4) 29b putting bags into club lockers
5 and...
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4412d1aac6.jpg

GLA Feb 17, 2019 7:06 am

Stay strong! I would be losing it by now. (Especially the 29B in CE locker :mad:)

bisonrav Feb 17, 2019 7:07 am

FUMING!

adrianlondon Feb 17, 2019 7:14 am

Get your own back by telling everyone how much you paid for your ticket. Deduct the perceived value of the Avios you've earnt before giving them the figure.

Vasco Pridat Feb 17, 2019 7:14 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav (Post 30788653)
Flying back from edi after a satay fare, and I think I have full house in FT trigger bingo:

3) same woman hogging divider. But I'm a professional, I can rise above it (by putting my hot towel onto her paper)
5 and...
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4412d1aac6.jpg

BINGOOOO lol..

Laphroaig57 Feb 17, 2019 7:15 am

Would have to say something about feet up on wall.

Would sit and squirm a few minutes but could not stay silent

ThatT1Feeling Feb 17, 2019 7:16 am

What makes people put their feet onto the bulkheads?? Would they do that with their wall at home?

There should be something about being in Row 1 where you need to click the tick box which says you won't put your feet on the bulkheads before you're allowed to have the seat. That'll bug you for the whole journey now :D

subject2load Feb 17, 2019 7:22 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling (Post 30788696)
What makes people put their feet onto the bulkheads?? Would they do that with their wall at home?

I reckon there’s a fair chance that they actually would.

Travel for the masses ......

UKtravelbear Feb 17, 2019 7:29 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav (Post 30788671)
FUMING!

i see a new face book page - Angry People on Local Aiirlines

just need a pic of you with your arms folded or pointing and your finest comps face!

HIDDY Feb 17, 2019 7:33 am

Spoiled child syndrome.

FlyerTalker39574 Feb 17, 2019 7:39 am

Trainers on wall is definitely a hot main accidentally in the lap!

Misco60 Feb 17, 2019 7:39 am

5 and...

... and subsequent full report on FlyerTalk of other people's bad behaviour. Bingo!

Tobias-UK Feb 17, 2019 7:44 am

Mmmm. I’m not convinced your reaction was particularly good behaviour either.

highpeaklad Feb 17, 2019 7:50 am

There should be something about being in Row 1 where you need to click the tick box which says you won't put your feet on the bulkheads before you're allowed to have the seat. That'll bug you for the whole journey now :D

its the lack of legroom. I hate the bulkhead for that reason, my knees hurt if I can’t stretch out.
I’ve been guilty of it on long haul flights.

IAMORGAN Feb 17, 2019 8:36 am

Please don’t tell me the Macbook was in the seat pocket for takeoff / landing as well.

And is it their Sudafed detritus in the adjoining seat pocket too?

bisonrav Feb 17, 2019 8:43 am

Just glad I sent the wife and child home on easyJet so they didn't have to witness such horrors.

Cabbage Feb 17, 2019 8:46 am

Veja 'ethical French trainers' as well. Some people have no class...

IAMORGAN Feb 17, 2019 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Cabbage (Post 30788965)
Veja 'ethical French trainers' as well. Some people have no class...

£95 in Harvey Nichols. I think the flight probably warrants a deep sigh AND a loud tut.

bisonrav Feb 17, 2019 8:49 am

It got worse. 1F did the same thing with the bulkheads, 1A encroached a full two inches past the centre line of the central divider with her broadsheet and was rewarded with a barely audible yet still emphatic harrumph, and there was a constant flow of screeching ET babies using the club toilet to change nappies.

Will be switching to Lufthansa soonest.

bisonrav Feb 17, 2019 8:54 am

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN (Post 30788935)
Please don’t tell me the Macbook was in the seat pocket for takeoff / landing as well.

And is it their Sudafed detritus in the adjoining seat pocket too?

yes to both. And he was sneezing all over the cabin, which, had I not also been sneezing all over the cabin, would have warranted another harrumph.

subject2load Feb 17, 2019 8:59 am

I wonder has anybody ever witnessed a member of CC having the gumption to say to such offenders - politely of course, though authoritatively :
We would ask you please to not treat our aircraft in this way” ....... ?

One would like to think (as delusional as it might seem, I know .... ) that the possibility of the request being overheard by nearby passengers would have some sort of ‘shaming’ effect.

IAMORGAN Feb 17, 2019 9:02 am

What an ordeal - flight from hell.

I wonder how many Avios it is worth.

I think you should go home & recover. If you were planning to drive then get a taxi & charge BA. They can’t expect you to be safe to drive after an experience such as that.

Seriously though this is why I could never work with members of the public as I’d walk around furious all of the time.

Crampedin13A Feb 17, 2019 9:10 am

Originally Posted by subject2load (Post 30789004)
I wonder has anybody ever witnessed a member of CC having the gumption to say to such offenders - politely of course, though authoritatively :
We would ask you please to not treat our aircraft in this way” ....... ?

One would like to think (as delusional as it might seem, I know .... ) that the possibility of the request being overheard by nearby passengers would have some sort of ‘shaming’ effect.

In Canada and the US I've seen flight attendants tell people to not have their feet on the bulkhead wall. 10+ years ago it took a lot less than that to trigger a grumpy AC flight attendant. I can't even imagine that position being comfortable to start with

HIDDY Feb 17, 2019 9:19 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav (Post 30788954)
Just glad I sent the wife and child home on easyJet so they didn't have to witness such horrors.

Joking aside, why were you not travelling together?

LTN Phobia Feb 17, 2019 9:24 am

Bisonrav, thank you, thank you, thank you.

It's nearly 03:30 am Sydney time and I am still working and was starting to nod off as I started work at 07:30 am (which is now 'yesterday'). I still have 4 hours of work to do before I leave the house at 09:00 am to get to the airport to catch a flight. I popped over to FT BAEC forum to find something to wake me up.

It did not disappoint.

Your post made me giggle so much that I stopped nodding off and now I am refreshed enough to tackle more work :D

bisonrav Feb 17, 2019 9:28 am

Contingency planning. The 1410 was too close to the arrival time from Doha to risk with bag collection and check in, and the 3pm easy jet wasn't much better though OK HBO. So I had a booking on the 2100 with three bags, with the intention of switching to the earlier BA if time permitted, which it did. Family booked on easyJet throughout so they got home at a reasonable time.

XLB Feb 17, 2019 10:58 am

Those shoes look pretty new and that bulkhead looks pretty old, so.....

Intl359Widget Feb 17, 2019 12:40 pm

Next on the Daily Mail!

“French Holidaymakers from Hell: A Sole to Remember”.

adrianlondon Feb 17, 2019 1:24 pm

If someone bolted all my chairs to the floor a few cm from a wall, and then coated the wall in a plastic washable surface, I would.

But then I don't keep my shoes on inside, so it'd be socks.

Takiteasy Feb 17, 2019 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 30788771)

It was a joke of course!

FlyingScientist Feb 17, 2019 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN (Post 30788935)

Please tell me the Macbook was in the seat pocket after landing and disembarkation as well. :D

PUCCI GALORE Feb 17, 2019 2:48 pm

I want to know what a Satay Fare is? :confused:

You did the right thing sending your family on Easyjet (why?) so that did not have to witness that Slobs are exclusive to CE, but can be anywhere on the aircraft. Is that a sandwich packet stuffed in the seat pocket in front of 1E? How common.

PETER01 Feb 17, 2019 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 30790119)
I want to know what a Satay Fare is? :confused:

Here you go PUCCI GALORE.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...i-pen-edi.html

PUCCI GALORE Feb 17, 2019 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01 (Post 30790136)

Thanks Handsome!

Coo! That was a good fare! You don't think that was another FTer do you? There's a rather delicious DYKWIA thread going down in AAnother Forum - wait until the owner of that lot pitches up to say that I Pay So I'll Slob All I Want!

PETER01 Feb 17, 2019 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 30790166)
Thanks Handsome!

Coo! That was a good fare! You don't think that was another FTer do you? There's a rather delicious DYKWIA thread going down in AAnother Forum - wait until the owner of that lot pitches up to say that I Pay So I'll Slob All I Want!

Been a long time since anyone called me handsome so thanks for making my day :D and was a good fare most definitely.

That's some post on that thread! Human behaviour never ceases to surprise me.

Back on topic I think it would be a good idea for BA to put simple signs/stickers/visual symbol on the bulkhead saying

DO NOT PUT YOUR FEET ON THE WALL

:)

KeaneJohn Feb 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 30788771)

Oh I don’t know.. that made me laugh...

Gadot Feb 17, 2019 4:13 pm

uh

Originally Posted by Laphroaig57 (Post 30788693)
Would have to say something about feet up on wall.

Would sit and squirm a few minutes but could not stay silent

you want him to take his shoes off?

SQTraveller Feb 17, 2019 4:53 pm

What I don't get is when people get on the plane and one of the first things they do is take off their shoes and wander around barefoot!!!

Sealink Feb 17, 2019 8:02 pm

I'd be raging!

sunshinebob Feb 17, 2019 10:28 pm

The guy next to me in 1A a few days ago LHR to KUL was operating the touch screen tv with his bare feet thoughout the flight.

Yuck.