Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Full House!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Cabbage
Veja 'ethical French trainers' as well. Some people have no class...
Are you implying that classy people only buy shoes made by child slaves or something?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Diamond, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
The guy next to me in 1A a few days ago LHR to KUL was operating the touch screen tv with his bare feet thoughout the flight.

Yuck.
Please tell me you were just trolling and made it up
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
The guy next to me in 1A a few days ago LHR to KUL was operating the touch screen tv with his bare feet thoughout the flight.

Yuck.
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
That is utterly disgusting.
It is indeed disgusting PUCCI. But perhaps not totally surprising either.

I do believe that it becomes harder & harder to be shocked by the activities of some members of the travelling public (albeit still representing a very small percentage, thankfully).

We hear of, or witness, an increasing variety of distasteful incidents, covering a wide spectrum. One day it might be about individuals who somehow consider it acceptable to stuff a carry-on bag with several cans of drink from a lounge ; and another day, it could concern a woman whose behaviour in the galley of an aircraft (though not BA) was a new low point. The latter took place on a Wizzair flight and many here will have already viewed evidence of it. I best not elaborate further, given that some readers might be ready for their lunch.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker

Originally Posted by Leaping_Deere
Please tell me you were just trolling and made it up
No , is true I assure you.
Sat in First , partially reclined and fully operating the touchscreen from start to finish completly hands (and sock) free.

I was aghast and tried to snap a pic - hardly David Bailey sorry...
Leaping_Deere likes this.

Last edited by sunshinebob; Feb 18, 2019 at 8:06 am
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:49 am

I once worked with a colleague whose mother had taken thalidomide when she was carrying him. He was born with no arms and grew up doing every conceivable thing with his feet. He would sit at a desk, and on the ground would be his pen and paper and he'd be writing using his toes to hold the pen. Incredible. He even drove a modified car which caused lots of raised eyebrows when people looked across at him at a stop light and saw a driver with no arms!

Now.... I wonder if that was him in F??!!!!!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
I have long legs....BA (and most others) give less personal space, food and watering than would be legal for transporting animals. Therefore, putting feet on the bulkhead is inevitable and just fine by me. Look at the toilets with AA that "larger" people can hardly even get into

If the airlines treat me like a piece of sh*t then they will get the same back
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
I have long legs....BA (and most others) give less personal space, food and watering than would be legal for transporting animals. Therefore, putting feet on the bulkhead is inevitable and just fine by me. Look at the toilets with AA that "larger" people can hardly even get into

If the airlines treat me like a piece of sh*t then they will get the same back
...or you could leave your feet on the ground where they are designed to go, and perhaps book yourself an exit row or a regular row where you have room for your feet to go under the seat in front of you?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PAL62V
...or you could leave your feet on the ground where they are designed to go, and perhaps book yourself an exit row or a regular row where you have room for your feet to go under the seat in front of you?
Well, for a start there are no exit rows in club (most of the time)

Last week I did book an exit row as I always try to do. BA then changed the plane from a 320 to a 319 so now I was in the seat behind the exit row.

And anyway, what exactly is your objection to feet on the bulkhead. Most likely the soles of the shoes are clean...so what is the problem (other than your mother used to tell you to keep feet off the walls lest you damage the wall paper etc).
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:06 am

Most likely the soles of the shoes are clean...
You ARE kidding....right?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by PAL62V
You ARE kidding....right?
No.....you think shoes are "unclean" and this is the reason ?? I am not sure if this is what you are getting at but dirt is everywhere or if it is the possibility of damage then resting feet on the bulk head is not likely to create any.

Maybe I am mis-understanding you so I would ask again what your objection is to feet on the bulkhead ?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:18 am

No.....you think shoes are "unclean" and this is the reason ?? I am not sure if this is what you are getting at but dirt is everywhere or if it is the possibility of damage then resting feet on the bulk head is not likely to create any.

Maybe I am mis-understanding you so I would ask again what your objection is to feet on the bulkhead ?
So you think that the soles of shoes are clean? Interesting. Do you consider what might be on the soles from walking on the street, standing at the urinal (I assume you are male), in fact walking in any outdoor or public place?

Do you place your shoes on your dining table? Your kitchen worktop? If not, why not?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:20 am

Pulls up chair and grabs popcorn!

rb211.
PAL62V, wrp96, Clareym66 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:29 am

I am a male (congrats). I have two hands......one of which may be used in the art of:

1) Going to the loo
2) Scratching anywhere
3) Picking my nose
4) Shaking hands
5) Being in a public place, park bench or anywhere else that other people have been
6) Having spent 4 years in the Middle East I can tell you that the soles of my shoes are much, much cleaner than some of the hygene habits I observed involving the use of hands of some of those living there (washing hands after going to the loo a pretty rare occurance)
7) I don't think there is any evidence to demonstrate that what is on the floor is any cleaner (or dirtier) than the seat you sit on or the door handle you grab (threadworms (eggs) are a big problem and spread almost exclusively by the hand and almost impossible to get rid of by plain washing - but you can't see the eggs in the same way you can see dog sh*t so you just think dog sh*t is worse)

Look at you shoes right now...are they dirty ??

Last edited by moral_low_ground; Feb 18, 2019 at 10:35 am
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:51 am

I am a male (congrats). I have two hands......one of which may be used in the art of:

1) Going to the loo
2) Scratching anywhere
3) Picking my nose
4) Shaking hands
5) Being in a public place, park bench or anywhere else that other people have been
6) Having spent 4 years in the Middle East I can tell you that the soles of my shoes are much, much cleaner than some of the hygene habits I observed involving the use of hands of some of those living there (washing hands after going to the loo a pretty rare occurance)
7) I don't think there is any evidence to demonstrate that what is on the floor is any cleaner (or dirtier) than the seat you sit on or the door handle you grab (threadworms (eggs) are a big problem and spread almost exclusively by the hand and almost impossible to get rid of by plain washing - but you can't see the eggs in the same way you can see dog sh*t so you just think dog sh*t is worse)

Look at you shoes right now...are they dirty ??
So I assume by the answer, you would in fact place your shoes on a kitchen worktop, perhaps rub them on your child's toy as they are, in your view no dirtier than your hands.

I too have spent some time in the ME and it's not just there that people don't wash their hands after using the toilet. However a lack of hygiene in one area doesn't increase the cleanliness in another, in this case - your shoes.

As others have stated, it is public transport. Just a pity that some treat it in such a dismissive way. Even on the London Underground there are signs to keep your feet off the seats....

I'll leave it for others to judge, especially your well chosen user name!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.