Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where do you change into your PJ’s

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Where do you change into your PJ’s

I’m on First for the first time overnight to Hong Kong. Is it easy to change into PJ’s and where do you do this ? Thanks, Tony
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Use the lavatories, there is a drop down seat. The cabin crew aren't very happy about people changing in the galley.
cruisr, dsk7, mrow and 7 others like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks, thats much appreciated. Tony
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Not BA, but QF J, I did once see a man who was seated at the back row of the front cabin change there. The cabin lights had been dimmed after the meal service and it wasn't a full sector. I only noticed as I was walking back to the lavs.

Do remember to allow enough time to change out of them before landing and avoid the last minute rush before landing. My preference is to do it before the final meal service starts.
Tony Stockton likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:27 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I usually walk back to economy to change. I like to think that it brightens up their otherwise mundane journey.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by User Name
I usually walk back to economy to change. I like to think that it brightens up their otherwise mundane journey.
Coincidentally that was my first instinct on seeing the question. In fact I hadn’t initially thought of the lavatory, but I suppose it’s a good alternative option (especially if economy happens to have a lot of nervous flyers on the day).
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
It depends. If I'm wearing my exquisite negliee I tend to do it where everyone can see and stand just in the way so people have to awkwardly turn to get past me and get a real good look.

​​​​​​
cruisr, toothy, HMPS and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Coming back from LAX in F couple of years ago Bruno Tonioli (Strictly) stood up and got changed - down to his pants - in his seat (1K) in front of anyone who cared to notice! I am a toilet person myself
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:22 am

Looks like I’m missing all the fun. I’ve never seen anyone change in the galley!
adrianlondon and royng like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
If it’s a late flight I sometimes change in the lounge throw my jacket on top and walk to the gate in my Jammies. If on a connecting flight at Doha for example, I will sometimes not bother changing out of my Jammies on the first flight and transfer in them . It’s a bit liberating and I then don’t have to worry about my belt at security . Upstairs on the a380 in business the toilets are huge and a pleasure to change in . In others I feel like a contortionist. I remember once a sensible CSD inviting people to change behind a curtain near an exit door .
orbitmic, BA5E, BA235 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Looks like I’m missing all the fun. I’ve never seen anyone change in the galley!
Just remember to do it before, not after, relieving yourself there.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/684295...t-was-engaged/
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
I’d once been in the CCR for quite a while drinking fairly heavily. I then boarded and got changed in the loo. I spent at least 2-3 minutes trying to get the top on before I realised it was a blanket. 🤦.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:55 am

I had the misfortune, while changing in the lavatory on a 744, of laying my jeans on the sink as I put on my PJ bottoms.
Without realising that I had inadvertently activated the tap and was rapidly filling up my trouser pocket with water. Wallet, phone and all.

A short overnight from JFK was not sufficient to dry them out!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I change in the loo once airborne.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've changed whilst sitting in my seat if I'm in row 1 on the right plane where no-one can really see me

PS
I did actually omit to say I only put on the bottoms, leave my normal top on

Last edited by anniegray; Feb 9, 2019 at 10:30 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.