Search

BA Avios Part payment Offer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA Avios Part payment Offer

Hi all.
Just received an email saying BA Part Pay with Avios is worth nearly 3 times more than usual up until midnight Tuesday 12 February.

My usual route is LHR-NBO which is a route that BA Part Pay with Avios is not accepted. However in the email it says you can use your Avios to reduce the price of EVERY British airways flight. So I got quite excited. Headed to BA site and.....
No not accepted on LHR-NBO as usual.

Great offer for those who can use!

We love you Britain. You’ve made us who we are. Thank you.

We wouldn’t be celebrating 100 wonderful years of flying without you, and we’d love an opportunity to create more memories together.

Did you know you can use your Avios to reduce the price of every British Airways flight with Avios part payment? Until midnight Tuesday 12 February, your Avios will be worth nearly three times more than usual.

Travel before 30 June 2019, and you'll only need to exchange 5000 Avios to save £100 off any long haul return flight in World Traveller (economy) or World Traveller Plus (premium economy).

Last edited by djtriggz; Feb 8, 2019 at 5:11 am
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC
Thats interesting, thanks. I haven't received this yet. Is your route excluded in the small print? Sometimes these flash deals take a while to be uploaded on BA.com (BA IT isn't the greatest, well known on FT).

For a few weeks now, I keep getting older UK homepage load when I head to BA.com. They really need to sort out their website this year and have some continuity.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think NBO has always been excluded from part pay.

Avios part pay LHR - NBO
No Part Pay with Avios on LHR-NBO Route
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:41 am

Breaking news...I just received a different offer (I think) to what the OP described, 5000 Avios part pay for £100 discount on any long haul return in WT or WTP. Book by Tuesday 12th Feb, travel before 30 June 2019.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Breaking news...I just received a different offer (I think) to what the OP described, 5000 Avios part pay for £100 discount on any long haul return in WT or WTP. Book by Tuesday 12th Feb, travel before 30 June 2019.
Yes this is the same Offer it says Avios will be worth nearly Three times more than usual.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:59 am

£174 (once discounted) to NYC in WT (HBO), pretty good.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:05 am

hmm cant get it to work on LHR to KIev Says£90off for 16k- sure thats normal amount
Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by sam lewis71
hmm cant get it to work on LHR to KIev Says£90off for 16k- sure thats normal amount
Long haul only, as noted in the offer.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Link to BA Website
Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by We Love You Britain

What do you need to do?

• Pop the kettle on and log in to your Executive Club account at ba.com
I think they are trying to make a virtue at BA.com's speed of response. But the full terms and conditions:
  1. This offer is available to British Airways Executive Club Members resident in the United Kingdom who have an Avios balance of 5000 or more (Eligible Members).
  2. Eligible Members must be logged into their Executive Club account at ba.com or call via a British Airways contact centre to participate in this offer.
  3. The offer is available when booking a British Airways operated long haul flight in a World Traveller (economy) and World Traveller Plus (premium economy) cabins only, departing from the UK (Eligible Flight) and travelling before 30 June 2019. Any routes from the UK to the following long haul countries are excluded from this offer: Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria and St Petersburg in Russia. For clarification, any booking that has any flight operated by another carrier e.g. American Airlines, will not be eligible for the discount, even if a British Airways flight is part of the booking.
  4. In a non-offer period on long haul World Traveler (economy) flights, 14,500 Avios is needed for a discount of £90 per person on a return flight. From 8 February to 12 February 2019 5000 Avios will give a discount of £100 for a return flight, or 2500 Avios for a discount of £50 on a one-way flight.
  5. The offer entitles Eligible Members booking Eligible Flights at ba.com or via a British Airways contact centre, to receive a discount of £100 per person in exchange for 5000 Avios per person (for up to 9 persons within one booking) when travelling before 30 June 2019. If there is more than one person on the booking, the Member must have 5000 Avios per person in their account to take advantage of this offer. E.g. for a return booking with 4 people, the Member must have 20,000 Avios to save £100 per person.
  6. Eligible bookings can be made at ba.com or via a British Airways contact centre. Bookings made over the telephone from the UK and Ireland will carry a non-refundable £10 offline booking fee per person per ticket. Calls cost up to 5p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from mobiles may vary.
  7. This offer is available on eligible bookings from Friday 8 February to 23:59(GMT) Tuesday 12 February 2019 for travel from Friday 8 February 2019 to Sunday 30 June 2019.
  8. The Executive Club Terms and Conditions and Conditions of Use apply to this offer and can be found at ba.com.
  9. British Airways reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this offer.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: BA GGL
Still waiting on mine... :-o
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Still waiting on mine... :-o
It's not targeted. Just login to BAEC.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Not a reason to take a trip in itself but if you were going to make a booking within the terms anyway this is a very handy offer.
PETER01 and Sisyphus1carus like this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Got the offer myself as well... considering a WTP trip to the states. We'll see
argonath likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Good to see this offer return - a decent enough proposition that can be enjoyed by many.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.