Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Advantages / Disadvantages booking Qatar flight on BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2023, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

Im having issues with combining my avios for my partner, die to BA still sending OTP to her old mobile, even though have updated number on website.

is there any pro/cons of booking a qatar business flight via BA? Have heard thag when things go wrong, neither company want to step in and help, hence try to avoid this circumstance (even though unlikely, just don't want her to have any hassle at airport due to flying with young child).
Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2023, 6:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Advantages
- if you get QSuite you’re on a par with BA F (in the air at least)
- LGW departure for long haul eastern travel
- 560TP for J return to Asia (Excluding Japan and Oz)

Disadvantages
- Old LGW 777 fleet if you fly LGW - DOH
- I’ve found TP and Avios hit and miss to post ina timely manner (or at all in some circumstances)
Old Aug 27, 2023, 12:11 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by Voltron86
Hi All,

Im having issues with combining my avios for my partner, die to BA still sending OTP to her old mobile, even though have updated number on website.

is there any pro/cons of booking a qatar business flight via BA? Have heard thag when things go wrong, neither company want to step in and help, hence try to avoid this circumstance (even though unlikely, just don't want her to have any hassle at airport due to flying with young child).
Thanks
Avoid this if possible. Transfer your Avios to QR and make a booking directly with QR. I had a booking to Oz on QR using BA Avios and when they changed the schedule neither airline was prepared to help, each referring me to the other. Rather than accepting a crazy new connection in DOH I just cancelled and rebooked directly with QR.
argonath likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BasilBush
Avoid this if possible. Transfer your Avios to QR and make a booking directly with QR. I had a booking to Oz on QR using BA Avios and when they changed the schedule neither airline was prepared to help, each referring me to the other. Rather than accepting a crazy new connection in DOH I just cancelled and rebooked directly with QR.
Thanks alot, this situation is what I was worried about. I know 99% of times everything will go smooth. If I was travelling myself would probably take thr risk, but as its partner travelling with small child, really don't want to take the risk as she isn't well versed with point / miles / flight changes etc.

Just need to hope BA can update the mobile number on her BAEC account soon so csn combine my avios and book ticket on qatar, currently BA website shows new mobile number, but OTP still getting sent to old mobile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.