Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Fog in London - Thursday 31 January 2019 - Customer advisory shorthaul

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fog in London - Thursday 31 January 2019 - Customer advisory shorthaul

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
The shorthaul cancellations are normally to try and protect the longhaul programme. im on the 183 to JFK tonight so fingers crossed here
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Current (10:49 UTC) Eurocontrol tactical update:
EDDK (Cologne)
Arrivals regulated due to snow.
Moderate to high delays.

EDDL (Dusseldorf)
Low to moderate delays.

EGLL (London Heathrow)
Arrivals regulated due to freezing fog.
Moderate delays.

EHAM (Amsterdam)
Arrivals regulated due to low vis.
High delays.

LSZH (Zurich)
Low to moderate delays.
It's certainly rather murky here in central Amsterdam, I'm having trouble seeing more than about 500m distance along the streets.
I'm glad I flew to AMS yesterday!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
BA447 out of AMS is delayed an hour and a half which forces me to cancel a meeting on landside LHR I was supposed to have before departing BA27 to HKG. Rang up the GGL line to ask if they could move me to BA439 which is J9 but agent said that I would have to pay fare difference as I'm not delayed more than 2h. Is this correct and doesn't AA offer free changes to earlier flights to ExPlats or was it for CK's?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC
In Amsterdam after arriving early on 2758.

Wen to the panorama deck to get a few pictures. Could just about see planes at 18L taking off. 45 minutes later visability was terrible. Could not see anything taking off from 18L and 24.

Standing right know at The Concertgebouw and can not see the top of the Rijksmuseum!

Hopefully it clears up and I get home tonight!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver
I really hope tomorrow is not a day of cancellations if the snow does arrive, praying that the 11am BRU flight tomorrow can depart (weather permitting)
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by AnttiV
BA447 out of AMS is delayed an hour and a half which forces me to cancel a meeting on landside LHR I was supposed to have before departing BA27 to HKG. Rang up the GGL line to ask if they could move me to BA439 which is J9 but agent said that I would have to pay fare difference as I'm not delayed more than 2h. Is this correct and doesn't AA offer free changes to earlier flights to ExPlats or was it for CK's?

GGLs don't in themselves get free changes on BA - but maybe your AMS ticket has same day change (if it's a plus ticket)? You don't make it clear as to whether it's a single booking then through to HKG which then I think wouldn't allow same day change..
AnttiV likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AnttiV
no there isn't any policy to do this for ba. you would be better off asking the agents at the airport tho rather than calling.

EDIT: just to add there is a general rebooking relaxation today as noted in the first posts of this thread but i think it is aimed at rebooking you on to another date rather than the same date.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
no there isn't any policy to do this for ba. you would be better off asking the agents at the airport tho rather than calling.

EDIT: just to add there is a general rebooking relaxation today as noted in the first posts of this thread but i think it is aimed at rebooking you on to another date rather than the same date.
Thanks for the reply. The checkin agent actually suggested to move me to the earlier flight without me even asking as I managed to read this only after checkin and didn’t think of asking.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Has the fog arrived yet at LHR? There seem to be a heck of a lot of scheduled cancellations or this evening...
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Has the fog arrived yet at LHR?
I think it was forecast for Thursday morning. I'm not sure whether and to what extent it was foggy at LHR, but in the event central London seems to have pretty much escaped it.

The next bit of weather interest is really the snow that's forecast for overnight tonight (Thursday/Friday).
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Has the fog arrived yet at LHR? There seem to be a heck of a lot of scheduled cancellations or this evening...
i think this evening is more about snow rather than fog. apparently there has been light snow over the last hour. the majority of the pro-active cancellations loaded yesterday were for 1500 onwards today because of the forecast snow.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:17 am

Cancelled the LBA tomorrow morning

No bad weather here. No more foggy than usual, no snow.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Cancelled the LBA tomorrow morning

No bad weather here. No more foggy than usual, no snow.
cancelled due to weather at LHR rather than LBA. It’s been very foggy today but the BA flights got in without too much trouble.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
No fog at LHR today and no snow either (although that's about to come).

I was in NY a couple of weeks ago and Jet Blue cancelled all of their flights out of JFK due to forecast snow (but no other airline did). Not a single flake fell.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
Got back in exactly on time from AMS this evening! Quite shocked considering how bad boarding was!
flatlander likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.