Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Tier points when booking with CX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

BA Tier points when booking with CX

Hi guys - just wondering if it is possible to earn BA tier points if I book a CX ticket via the CX website ? Looking to fly from GLA to HKG so will have the GLA to LHR/ LGW leg with BA
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by AceCobra1
Hi guys - just wondering if it is possible to earn BA tier points if I book a CX ticket via the CX website ? Looking to fly from GLA to HKG so will have the GLA to LHR/ LGW leg with BA
Hi,

Absloutely. Standard BA tier points. ( you will not get the BA tier bonus aviois though ( ie 100% avios for BA Gold). They post with no porblems for me.

Regards

TBS
A1pax likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: CXAM BAEC
Yes, remember to put your BA FFP when making reservations on CX Website.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:11 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
This is actually a question for the BA forum rather than the CX forum, so moving it over there.

sxc
Cathay Pacific Moderator
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:08 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Yes you can earn BA EC points when booking a CX flight on the CX website, provided that the fare sub-class is eligible for BAEC Avios and tier point accrual. See a list of eligible CX fare codes on the BAEC website (collecting Avios, partner airlines)
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys - so if I booked on CX's website, do I earn BOTH the Marcopolo tier points and also BAEC tier points ?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Thanks for the replies guys - so if I booked on CX's website, do I earn BOTH the Marcopolo tier points and also BAEC tier points ?
no you can only credit to one scheme.
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:26 am

No. You can only enter one frequent flyer number per flight. If you choose BA then you wont get anything with CX.
AceCobra1 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:14 am

It's possible I am imagining this now, but on a recent CX flight when checking in I had options to select different FFPs for things, so one for status, another for crediting etc. I assume this mirrors the FQTV (frequent flyer program that the miles should be credited to) and FQTS (frequent flyer program for which status benefits to use) fields which exist in Sabre & Amadeus. However, I thought it was a nice feature to allow you to use two FFPs for different purposes on the booking rather than having to as a member of ground staff to do any changes of that sort.
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:55 am

Really? So you actually received Asia Miles in MPC and tier points with 0 Avios in BAEC?

I remember asking the question recently and someone on FT said it wasn’t possible to split miles and status points between FFPs. The furthest I got on one trip, I was able to get miles (and status points) on MPC, but the agent was able to record my BAEC status for F lounge access and Group 1 boarding.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:56 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KARFA
It's possible I am imagining this now, but on a recent CX flight when checking in I had options to select different FFPs for things, so one for status, another for crediting etc. I assume this mirrors the FQTV (frequent flyer program that the miles should be credited to) and FQTS (frequent flyer program for which status benefits to use) fields which exist in Sabre & Amadeus. However, I thought it was a nice feature to allow you to use two FFPs for different purposes on the booking rather than having to as a member of ground staff to do any changes of that sort.
I think you’re imagining this. Never seen this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Really? So you actually received Asia Miles in MPC and tier points with 0 Avios in BAEC
you can only have one FFP for crediting, miles and status points can only go all together to one FFP - this takes from the FQTV field.

The FQTS field is for status benefits, nothing more.

Originally Posted by sxc
I think you’re imagining this. Never seen this.
I am sure I was in a new style MMB when checking in for my CX flight. I wish I had taking some screenshots now. Maybe I did imagine it!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
I think @KARFA has a point. I booked a CX ticket late last year, entered my BA details in one section but was surprised to find another field asking for some of other FF details. I scrolled past because it didn’t apply to me. Now I too, wish I’d taken and screen shot! Maybe it’s was a CX équivalent of On Business(?)
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:58 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

I am sure I was in a new style MMB when checking in for my CX flight. I wish I had taking some screenshots now. Maybe I did imagine it!
When you are in MMB (not check-in) there is an option to put a different FF number for each sector of your trip (or you can check a box to say "Apply to all sectors of the booking"). Maybe this is what you saw?

I just checked my current flight on CX that is open for check-in and there are no options for multiple FF programs for one sector.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:53 am

Could it be the CX Registered Account? It's not the Marco Polo Club and really just a way to keep all your bookings in one place, but you can log in to that and put an FFP number in at the same time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.