Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Bar SIN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: Some
I have never flown BA from SIN, but from IAD anecdotally I've seen the Concorde Dining very close to capacity several times.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
As an outsider (I don’t fly F and highly unlikely ever to have a CCR card), are opinions on this split between CCR card-holding J flyers and the regular F flyers?

I can imagine my view would differ depending on which side of the fence I happened to be.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by krispy84
As an outsider (I don’t fly F and highly unlikely ever to have a CCR card), are opinions on this split between CCR card-holding J flyers and the regular F flyers?

I can imagine my view would differ depending on which side of the fence I happened to be.
I'm a CCR card holding F flyer.

However, I tend to try to put myself in the position of the non-card holders to view the situation like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by krispy84
As a predominately J and occasional F flyer with CCR card, I'm not sure I really care

I'm possibly not the right person to ask, since coming back from SEA to Europe, I would be on CX or QR depending on routing/schedule.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by rossmacd
As a predominately J and occasional F flyer with CCR card, I'm not sure I really care

I'm possibly not the right person to ask, since coming back from SEA to Europe, I would be on CX or QR depending on routing/schedule.
Doubt I would ever take CX or QR from SEA to Europe.

It appears the Singapore CCB is a marmite facility. Looking forward to making my own mind up at the end of February.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder

i wasn’t aware QR flew to SEA?

Last edited by navylad; Jan 27, 2019 at 9:10 am
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by navylad

i wasn’t aware QR flee to SEA?
SE Asia
VSLover, LTN Phobia and rossmacd like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Rubecula
Doubt I would ever take CX or QR from SEA to Europe.
Originally Posted by navylad
i wasn’t aware QR flee to SEA?
Nice to see the pendants out today. SEA in my post of course means South East Asia as kindly pointed out by Oaxaca.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Nice to see the pendants out today. SEA in my post of course means South East Asia as kindly pointed out by Oaxaca.
I had assumed it was a typo for SIN, hence my emoji. Acronyms can be difficult.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:58 am

Not a policy change, staff were reminded of the long standing rules (and OneWorld website was corrected when it was highlighted)
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
My comment was not to be pedantic as you suggest, but rather that I had read it to be Seattle airport (in the context or recent posts talking about IAD lounge arrangements) thanks for clarifying that you actually meant Asia.

if SEA is a common way to say South East Asia it can be added to the acronym thread BA Forum Glossary

Last edited by navylad; Jan 27, 2019 at 9:21 am
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Well, I'm one of those who think that the number of CCR card holders are small enough and the threshold to get it hard enough that they should be allowed entry to CCR Bars as well as CCRs but that is just my opinion.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Well, I'm one of those who think that the number of CCR card holders are small enough and the threshold to get it hard enough that they should be allowed entry to CCR Bars as well as CCRs but that is just my opinion.

agreed just based on the idea of how many CCR card holders are transiting SIN in any day?

but its BA--so you know they have the best data, analytics and respond accordingly to make it the best experience for all premium pax and loyal ones too*

(*said no one ever)
orbitmic and Vasco Pridat like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Did you end up with some people in one of the cubicles turning up the volume on the TV? It's normally on silent when I'm there.
Yes, been in 3 times and this as an issue twice. The 1st time there were a number of elderly passengers on the break before flying to Australia. The volume was unbelievable- reminded me of having my parents for Christmas- didn't know our TV had volume 36!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I can understand that the Concorde dining is small in sin.. I still think it should be open to ccr card holders but at least..
I was arriving on ba f the other day. Connecting to qf first. And wasn't allowed in.. Is this really their policy You arrive on a by first and connect and cannot use to first lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.