Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tribute Ale no longer served in Economy / Premium Economy Longhaul

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC Sprire Ambassador; BA Gold

As I found out on my last three long-haul trips BA are no longer stocking Tribute Ale in the Premium Economy (and I guess Economy) trolleys. The only beer available is lager (Tiger / Heineken) which is disappointing to me as a real ale fan. It was always great to board a BA plane from a country that only serves lager and have a can of real ale once on board. It is still provided in Club (the cabin attendant did procure some for me from there; thanks) so still stocked by BA. Even American Airlines stock craft beer now which proves its popularity so I wonder why, other than cost, BA would remove the ale from Economy? A backwards step I would suggest.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Adnams Mosaic Pale Ale at £4.45 / 635 Avios is available in the M&S book but I have had Tribute in SH and WT+ this month.
kingstontoon likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Perhaps due to lack of demand for it in WT and WTP?

Why stock the bar carts with a product that few people were apparently asking for at the expense of a product they do.

It is clearly not a cost issue because otherwise they would have removed it from CW and F.
cubedweller likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I was told the same on LGW-BGI in December about the Tribute - no longer available. Which is disappointing ! The Adnams (which I do like) is available from M&S menu but that wouldnt apply to LH. They really do need a good British craft/IPA on board - something people will be interested to try ?!
DrGee, stewaran and Surrey Mark like this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
As a beer drinker it would be a shame to see Tribute go, It tastes nothing like draught beer but is infinitely nicer than the alternative offerings of fizzy piss.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
It is clearly not a cost issue because otherwise they would have removed it from CW and F.
That is not necessarily the case. One would expect Wine,Spirits,Food of a premium cost are served in CW and F.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Adnams Mosaic Pale Ale at £4.45 / 635 Avios is available in the M&S book but I have had Tribute in SH and WT+ this month.
I really like the Adnams Mosaic Pale and it's even being promoted on the back of the current M&S buy on board brochure. So why why why do BA only stock a handful of cans on each flight (as confirmed by cabin crew, 2-4)? I've taken three BA short haul flights this year so far, always in the exit row, and in each case they've either sold out by then or only had one left. I guess from a stock perspective that's seen as a win, but just how many more would be sold if they carried sufficient stock? I've asked the crew to pass my comments on to stock more, but will it do any good?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
I hope that it hasn't gone, as it's frustrating that it's frequently not listed as one of the drinks which is available and so customers don't know it is (or was) an option. I've mentioned this in passing to people over the last couple of years and often they would have had it, but have been stuck with Heineken as that's all they thought that there was.
masmadrid likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I can stand Heineken, but tell you what, their marketing department is doing a great job getting out there all over the world.
and yes I have tried it a few times, just does not suit me
Also why doesnt an airline that is British have more choices that are British?
HarbourGent likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by kingstontoon
I really like the Adnams Mosaic Pale and it's even being promoted on the back of the current M&S buy on board brochure. So why why why do BA only stock a handful of cans on each flight (as confirmed by cabin crew, 2-4)? I've taken three BA short haul flights this year so far, always in the exit row, and in each case they've either sold out by then or only had one left. I guess from a stock perspective that's seen as a win, but just how many more would be sold if they carried sufficient stock? I've asked the crew to pass my comments on to stock more, but will it do any good?
This is a general problem of buy on board. Same situation with the food. Very annoying, indeed. I have complained countless times about this but there doesn't seem to be an interest from BA's part to stock more.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:19 am

Just Heineken and Amstel Light in W on BA49 on Wednesday. I was told that they no longer stocked Tribute but normally had Tiger although had none that day (I was the second person served from the trolley, and the first person ordered wine).
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:22 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kingstontoon
I've asked the crew to pass my comments on to stock more, but will it do any good?
Nope. Remember, this is BA we are talking about! BA management doesn't show much interest in customer service or customer feedback these days. They just focus on the numbers and whether they will hit their bonuses.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Oh lord. Husband is already upset that we swapped a J Avios/241 to Miami (so T3 lounges and all) for a cash Y from Gatters to FLL. The Tribute was all he had left...
​​​​​
​​​​
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
It really is a shame that BA can't showcase more of the UK's craft beers on board its planes. When you look at the selection you can usually get on board carriers such as AA and AS (to give two examples) it really puts BA to shame.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC
I flew to DXB last summer and it was missing from the bar (ex LHR) so I don't think this is a recent development. But I agree, it's a shame not to have more British offerings other than gin and whisky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.