Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK BA Lloyds Card Query (Upgrade Voucher).

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by AleTrail
Hi - was this 2 separate one-way bookings?
I wasn't aware you could book on the phone (using Avios agents) then add a return leg to the same booking on BA.com
Yes, sorry I wasn't clear - this was two separate one way bookings - one made on the phone with Avios and the voucher, the other made later on BA.com. They are not linked.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
I just made an Avios booking in J through the GGL line. I wanted to use a Lloyds voucher to pay for W but was told that this wasn't possible and that the voucher could only be booked through the Avios line. Is this correct?
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Lolbert
I just made an Avios booking in J through the GGL line. I wanted to use a Lloyds voucher to pay for W but was told that this wasn't possible and that the voucher could only be booked through the Avios line. Is this correct?
I understand from speaking with the Avios line that they need to process vouchers - BA can’t do it. This can be either by making the new booking with Avios directly, or applying the voucher to upgrade an existing booking (where the existing booking can have been made direct with BA).
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:15 am

Yes this is apparently correct. I did manage to get a BA agent to process mine but I was told this was just luck that I got one of a couple of agents who was able to do it. The normal rule is to call the Avios line.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by volar

Yes this is apparently correct. I did manage to get a BA agent to process mine but I was told this was just luck that I got one of a couple of agents who was able to do it. The normal rule is to call the Avios line.
presumably there has to be a avios availability in the cabin above to use the voucher, even as a GGL?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:46 am

presumably there has to be a avios availability in the cabin above to use the voucher, even as a GGL?
Yes that’s right. BAEC status makes no difference here, there has to be Avios reward availability in the cabin you want to upgrade to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.