Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge chancers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:35 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by HIDDY
What do you think my chances would be? If as a Blue, the next time I'm in GLA I sauntered up to the lounge agent and said ''I'm HIDDY from Flyertalk would you mind me popping in for a quick snifter?''
Zero Chance. There is an rule that says “No Riff-Raff”. If I was in a Lounge that let the likes of you had been let in, I’d demand compensation.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hypercrypt
Just one point of defence to some chances. The BA manage my booking page is so often wrong about which lounge groups have access to that trying to guest more people in than allowed can be an easy mistake. I have a CW booking for five people to JNB in April. I am gold but other than that there is one silver and the rest are blue or bronze. BA, however displays to everyone that we can use Galaries First for the flight. I know that I can only guest in one person but if it was anyone else on that booking (we may well arrive separately) they would see that they have access as per MMB even though they don't. Maybe fixing these longstanding issues in MMB would at least reduce the number of people that genuinely think they have access because of the information BA provide.
have the same for my upcoming tprun family holiday OTP-PHX. I am gold, rest of family blue (but silver after this trip) but for everyone mmb says they can visit GF in LHR. Will give it a try when at the airport, for research purpose only obviously!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

There was one one man that had tried to get in 7 times today and his xcuse was his Club World Ticket was expensive and he felt his family should be allow3d in GF!!!!
Oh dear.

I can’t help wonder whether these types have actually used the GF before.

It’s certainly a pleasant enough waiting room .... but seven attempts to get in ..... ?!? Perhaps the guy was confusing it with one of the Seven Wonders of the World.

Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

I quite like the BA Lounge at AMS.
You must surely have posted this at the end of a long CCR layover?
HMPS and WickedStepMother like this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by GlasgowBlue
I just don’t get it. Yes, it’s a nice perk when travelling in J or F however no lounge is such an amazing experience that I’d want to cause uproar at the entrance trying to blag or demand my way in. In every airport I’ve been in it’s always easy enough to find a nice bar in a quite corner. Order a couple of drinks and some snacks and for £20 you’ve got the same experience.
Really ? First it costs 20 GBP, then can you spread out in the area, do some work with a safe WiFi? How about those who want good shots of coffee with an added shot of espresso ? Can you leave your bag at the bar for a trip to the loo?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by stijnec

have the same for my upcoming tprun family holiday OTP-PHX. I am gold, rest of family blue (but silver after this trip) but for everyone mmb says they can visit GF in LHR. Will give it a try when at the airport, for research purpose only obviously!
Why bother when you know that not all of your group is entitled?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by smokie36
I don’t think that is totally fair.

Yes, the food available makes me wonder why they even bother, but the two (very)
redeeming factors are the unparalleled vista of the airfield and a plentiful supply of (working) power points.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:39 pm

Is Lying Worth to get into Lounges a Regular Thing?

I fly Las Vegas to Southern India twice a year which is a Grueling 3 Flight Trip!. Most of the time I fly Business being the trip is 27 hours total travel time so I have access to these lounges. Sometimes 1 leg of the trip I do not fly Business but I will go to the Lounge of the Airline I am flying and show my Boarding Pass with a $20.00 USD Bill! This usually gets me in NO PROBLEM! I have a few drinks and I will TIP the Bartender $20.00 USD from first Drink cause NOBODY TIPS THE BARTENDER! IT IS EXPECTED SERVICE! THIS SOLUTION HAS NEVER CAUSED ME ANY PROBLEM from hanging out in the Lounges for HOURS!!! Learn How the World Works People! Take Care of the People Taking Care of You and The World Will Turn!!! Life Lesson Number 1!!!!
our_kid likes this.

Last edited by jcgrief; Jan 20, 2019 at 9:53 pm Reason: Edit
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by jcgrief
I fly Las Vegas to Southern India twice a year which is a Grueling 3 Flight Trip!. Most of the time I fly Business being the trip is 27 hours total travel time so I have access to these lounges. Sometimes 1 leg of the trip I do not fly Business but I will go to the Lounge of the Airline I am flying and show my Boarding Pass with a $20.00 USD Bill! This usually gets me in NO PROBLEM! I have a few drinks and I will TIP the Bartender $20.00 USD from first Drink cause NOBODY TIPS THE BARTENDER! IT IS EXPECTED SERVICE! THIS SOLUTION HAS NEVER CAUSED ME ANY PROBLEM from hanging out in the Lounges for HOURS!!! Learn How the World Works People! Take Care of the People Taking Care of You and The World Will Turn!!! Life Lesson Number 1!!!!

Well this should liven up Monday morning, like a red rag to a bull....
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
Originally Posted by FEMW

Kudos to CX for allowing those that bought F tix at Y prices for allowing them to experience a premium product.
On a one way from Portugal to HKG? I’d imagine every person who purchased that ticket in the short window of availability was a tier point runner.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by smokie36
Far from it. What problem do you have with the AMS lounge?
BorisBrownBear likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Far from it. What problem do you have with the AMS lounge?
indeed.

the food isn’t up to much, and imo could/should be much better given the BA frequencies, but the lounge itself is lovely
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by jcgrief
This reminds me of the Las Vegas $20 room upgrade trick - where you supposedly slip a $20 into your ID at check in, then enjoy your suite! I can't imagine it working in T5 however...
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Swampz64

On a one way from Portugal to HKG? I’d imagine every person who purchased that ticket in the short window of availability was a tier point runner.
Not sure I agree with this comment. One could get 250TP for about £1,100 and the fare was very good for the product but at over £4 per TP hardly TP-run territory. The current HNL or MIA fares which are not errors would be much better suited to TP runners.

Last edited by Tafflyer; Jan 21, 2019 at 3:02 am
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by Dubh
Well this should liven up Monday morning, like a red rag to a bull....
Haha I thought the same at 5am when I first read the comment but I didn't want to be the one to fall for it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.