Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Lounge situation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
JFK Lounge situation

Has anyone recent experience of JFK Lounges? I know the new First lounge is open however is the business lounge now closed for refurb? If so are all business passengers also using the First lounge?
Im on the 20:15 flight tonight and planning to get to the airport early ... (partly in case of long Q’s with TSA) and was planning to spend time relaxing in the lounge ... if it’s not too busy!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Parts of the business lounges are closed off but it is still open as far as I am aware.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Silver
I was in the Galleries lounge recently it was a shambles no space to move, i was on a sleeper service but did not bother eating, dinning area looked to have enough space to accommodate everyone.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:16 am

Here is more info on the new F refurb.

JFK First Lounge: reviews and photos
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Well I am here now and it is indeed very busy!
Looks like the Business lounge is closed so all biz passengers using the First lounge.
Got 4 hours here 😳. Security was quick... didn’t seem to be any issues with TSA staff.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Just to add. The pre flight dining area was pretty quiet. And I thought he food was ok - I know a few folk have commented it’s sub par - I had some nicely cooked beef, some nice tortellini pasta and cake for desert. Ready to snooze on board zzzzzz
Cap'n Benj and navylad like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FliGuy
Just to add. The pre flight dining area was pretty quiet. And I thought he food was ok - I know a few folk have commented it’s sub par - I had some nicely cooked beef, some nice tortellini pasta and cake for desert. Ready to snooze on board zzzzzz
Good to hear the food has improved - hopefully not a one off. When I was there before Christmas the food was practically inedible.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:14 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
I was unimpressed with the new F lounge. No windows. Limited lounge style seating. Very chopped up. Luckily my CCR card just arrived after a one year hiatus.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Was there on Tuesday (6am) - it was a horrible experience, hardly any seats - background music turned up loud (not to my taste so a double whammy). Ended up finding seats in a really brightly lit area at the back with the coffee machine. It was full to bursting, I would hate to have to use it in the evening.
To add insult to injury we had gate 10 which has absolutely no waiting space, Group 1 and pre boards were gone for at least 5 minutes before us peons in Group 2 were allowed on - we were asked to take a seat - there were no seats. I don’t mean none available I mean no physical seats at all.
Thank goodness the crew on the upper deck were stellar, that went a long way to making amends.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
When is the work on the club lounge supposed to finish?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by omk298
When is the work on the club lounge supposed to finish?
Spring\summer 2019. I imagine even the contractors don’t know an exact date.
omk298 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by MTJ Bound
I was unimpressed with the new F lounge. No windows. Limited lounge style seating. Very chopped up. Luckily my CCR card just arrived after a one year hiatus.
Agree, awful and limited seating, very little in the way of food options and a very sour dragon on the Gin trolley.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by anyuser
Agree, awful and limited seating, very little in the way of food options and a very sour dragon on the Gin trolley.
I didn’t find the seating situation to be too bad, but the food situation was dire.

Every time I’ve been to the lounge so far the gin trolley has been unmanned (usually on one of the last flights of the evening). Self service is preferable, just like in the AA Flagship lounges with their Bloody Mary and cocktail of the day (/week?/month?) stations.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by absoluy
Every time I’ve been to the lounge so far the gin trolley has been unmanned (usually on one of the last flights of the evening). Self service is preferable, just like in the AA Flagship lounges with their Bloody Mary and cocktail of the day (/week?/month?) stations.
On my one time so far I got a real carnival barker on the gin trolley. It struck me as being similar to the comic relief safety video, fine for a one-off but potentially tedious after a while.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by absoluy
Good to hear the food has improved - hopefully not a one off. When I was there before Christmas the food was practically inedible.
Same experience here, was there in December and the food was very poor compared to what the pre-flight dining used to be in the old lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.