Wiki Posts
Search

BA0185 cancellation 10 Jan

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:54 am
Original Poster

BA0185 cancellation 10 Jan

Hi

Can anyone provide me with the reason given for this cancellation please?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
(when did the Flyertalk vbulletin installation lose the ability to specify a fixed-width font or preformatted text?)

Expertflyer reports

Comments:
DOBA185/10JAN
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * BA 185 0 TH 10JAN19
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

FLIGHT CANCELLED 0904
OPEN
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* BA 185 0 TH 10JAN19
APT ARR DY DEP DY CLASS/MEAL EQP GRND EFT TTL
LHR 1050 TH FAJCDRIWETY/M 789 8:10
BHKMLVSNQOG/M
EWR 1400 TH 8:10
COMMENTS-
1.LHR EWR - MEMBER OF ONEWORLD
2.LHR EWR - DEPARTS TERMINAL 5
3.LHR EWR - ARRIVES TERMINAL B
4.LHR EWR - 9/ NON-SMOKING
5.LHR EWR - SECURED FLIGHT
6.LHR EWR - ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE
7.LHR EWR - CO2/PAX* 304.49 KG ECO, 608.98 KG PRE
(*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR
CONFIGURATION-
789 F 8 J 42 W 39 M 127
>
"OPEN" is the cancellation code, which in theory means OPErational reasons Not eligible for delay compensation.You'd have to contact BA or hope a BA insider posts the exact reason here if you want to argue about the "N" part.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flatlander
(when did the Flyertalk vbulletin installation lose the ability to specify a fixed-width font or preformatted text?)

Expertflyer reports

"OPEN" is the cancellation code, which in theory means OPErational reasons Not eligible for delay compensation.You'd have to contact BA or hope a BA insider posts the exact reason here if you want to argue about the "N" part.
Thanks for the info. I wasn’t booked on it but am in the future so just checking to see how often it’s delayed/cancelled. Noticed today it was cancelled and was interested in the events behind it. I assume given the myriad of LHR flights to NYC there wouldn’t have been a huge delay in getting the pax onto another flight.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It was cancelled a couple of days ago, along with IAD. Both 787s, so that probably explains it.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by flatlander
CODE /CODE usually works for me:

Code:
Comments:
DOBA185/10JAN
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * BA 185 0 TH 10JAN19
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:20 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Jimbojumbo
Thanks for the info. I wasn’t booked on it but am in the future so just checking to see how often it’s delayed/cancelled. Noticed today it was cancelled and was interested in the events behind it. I assume given the myriad of LHR flights to NYC there wouldn’t have been a huge delay in getting the pax onto another flight.
This will be the Trent engine issue (or arguably BA haven't got enough aircraft to meet their schedule ambitions) and yes, I'd imagine all passengers would have been dispersed on to other BA or AA flights, plus some given different routing if connecting. I doubt many, if any, would have been left in London overnight.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This will be the Trent engine issue (or arguably BA haven't got enough aircraft to meet their schedule ambitions) and yes, I'd imagine all passengers would have been dispersed on to other BA or AA flights, plus some given different routing if connecting. I doubt many, if any, would have been left in London overnight.
it wasn’t a Dreamliner. It was a 777 and it diverted to Keflavik.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
EWR was shut for a while earlier due to an emergency landing. Quite a few inbound flights have diverted to various places.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Is that today or back in January when I originally posted?
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Declan Halpin

it wasn’t a Dreamliner. It was a 777 and it diverted to Keflavik.
Indeed that mystery (for me at least) is resolved by the question. Today's LHR-Newark EWR service has run to Keflavík and will be returning to London later today. Today being Saturday 9 March 2019. One of the perils of a living and archiving forum.

Welcome to Flyertalk Declan Halpin, welcome to the BA forum, I hope you were not impacted but either way it's good to see you here.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Ah sorry. I looked at the thread title and thought it referred to today. Today (9 March) EWR was shut for a few hours and BA185 (LHR-EWR)has diverted to KEF.
Jimbojumbo likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Costa Coffee
Originally Posted by KARFA

Ah sorry. I looked at the thread title and thought it referred to today. Today (9 March) EWR was shut for a few hours and BA185 (LHR-EWR)has diverted to KEF.
Which was due to smoke in the cabin:
British Airways B777-200 G-ZZZB BA185 Keflavik Diversion. The BA Source

The return BA184 has of course been cancelled and the later BA188 was pretty full to start with. This is resulting in Mrs Amygdala flying back on United tonight.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
My husband was booked on the return service to come back to Kiev. He got a text that the flight was canceled. Got rebooked from JFK. I think he was told that something happened at EWR. I am glad he got one of the last seats on the flight.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
The BA185 was diverted to KEF. (My dear friend KARFA already confirmed that so I apologize for the redundant post).
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Looks as though its bringing the pax back to LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.