FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Transfer Iberia Avios to BA member in household group? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1949316-transfer-iberia-avios-ba-member-household-group.html)

RG1X Jan 5, 2019 7:40 am

Transfer Iberia Avios to BA member in household group?

I've tried searching around for an answer to this without much luck (also posted in another thread but no responses).

Can you transfer Avios from an Iberia account to a BA account that's part of a household group? I know you can't to an Avios family account (not that these really exist any more I guess), but I wasn't sure on the BA accounts.

I'm looking to create a household group for my wife and I and as far as I can tell that's the only potential problem. Unless others can tell me of any downsides to this that I'm unaware of?

email2markt Jan 5, 2019 8:14 am

That’s true, it won’t let you transfer direct from Iberia to BA Household.

However, you can still currently use the workaround. Iberia -> Avios -> BA household (two step process).

RG1X Jan 5, 2019 8:23 am

Can you even create Avios accounts any more? Both mine and my wife's accounts were closed automatically as part of the recent changes.

Mordac Jan 5, 2019 8:41 am

Originally Posted by RG1X (Post 30613511)
Can you even create Avios accounts any more? Both mine and my wife's accounts were closed automatically as part of the recent changes.

An Aer Lingus AerClub account is basically an Avios account. Same for Vueling or Flybe's 's scheme if those float your boat more.

RG1X Jan 5, 2019 8:45 am

No issues transferring from those to BA (household) I assume then?

Mordac Jan 5, 2019 8:46 am

Originally Posted by RG1X (Post 30613556)
No issues transferring from those to BA (household) I assume then?

None in my experience, although mine was an old Avios account into which I tacked an Aer Club account to credit an Aer Lingus booking (and prevent the Avios account from expiring). I think others have reported newly created accounts work as well!

RG1X Jan 5, 2019 9:09 am

Cool. Cheers all.

onlysuites Jul 6, 2019 11:17 am

Originally Posted by email2markt (Post 30613486)
That’s true, it won’t let you transfer direct from Iberia to BA Household.

However, you can still currently use the workaround. Iberia -> Avios -> BA household (two step process).

So can I do this other way around? Transfer points to a Avios account then onto my Iberia account from my family account?

If not other option would be to close account. After how long can you close a family account?

Basically my partner doesn't have the miles but has a BOGO voucher on her account which we want to use with my miles. If we set up a family account this should be possible right?

pauldb Jul 6, 2019 11:28 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites (Post 31275538)
So can I do this other way around? Transfer points to a Avios account then onto my Iberia account from my family account?

If not other option would be to close account. After how long can you close a family account?

Basically my partner doesn't have the miles but has a BOGO voucher on her account which we want to use with my miles. If we set up a family account this should be possible right?

I don’t believe there’s any issue the other way: you can transfer direct from a BAEC-in-HHA account to IB+.

Yes - if you mean she has a BOGO in BAEC account, forming an HHA will allow you to use your joint mileage with the voucher.

onlysuites Jul 6, 2019 5:04 pm

Perfect. Thank you

onlysuites Jul 10, 2019 10:29 am

Originally Posted by pauldb (Post 31275568)
Yes - if you mean she has a BOGO in BAEC account, forming an HHA will allow you to use your joint mileage with the voucher.

A tiny problem is that she doesn't have many Avios where as I have 90% of them. Is that still ok? Say if it's 200k for a redemption and she only has 25k.

BA6501 Jul 10, 2019 11:41 am

Not really - you can transfer the Avios out of your own account, not the total HHA balance.

onlysuites Jul 10, 2019 12:01 pm

No what I mean is if I have 300k and my partner has 100k can she make a 200k redemption with a family account.

BA6501 Jul 10, 2019 12:20 pm

Ah, yes. That's fine.