FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA in the media 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1949275-ba-media-2019-a.html)

rickg523 Sep 16, 2019 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by rrz518 (Post 31531280)
That's not the point.

Agreed, not here,. Reread my edited comment, plz.

Funky Spike Sep 16, 2019 12:12 pm

Why do they always have to mention the cost of the flight?

Spike

Tafflyer Sep 16, 2019 12:23 pm

This is a global forum and if it’s fine to slag off the Daily Mail then Fox News is fair game too. This forum represents many views and opinions from all types of people and cultures and just because they might not agree with your own does not make them any less valid. DM and FN could both learn from that.

rrz518 Sep 16, 2019 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Tafflyer (Post 31531375)
This is a global forum and if it’s fine to slag off the Daily Mail then Fox News is fair game too. This forum represents many views and opinions from all types of people and cultures and just because they might not agree with your own does not make them any less valid. DM and FN could both learn from that.

My original point seems to have been diverted to an attack (or at least a focus on...) on the readers and political leanings of Fox News. I made it very clear that wasn't the intent in my first paragraph.

So if you missed it, here is my intended point again: Passenger flies BA and complains about the poor condition of the aircraft. And BA apologizes. And somehow that gets distributed as a "major" news story, not unlike the (more egregious) passenger-removal-PR nightmare issues of UAL.

So if Fox News/The Sun have made a mountain out of a molehill, that's a valid criticism, and my point entirely.

I've experienced far worse scenarios on other airlines (UAL/DL/etc.) which did not get "media attention", nor should they. As, I'm sure, probably nearly every FT participant.

PJSMITH0 Sep 16, 2019 9:44 pm

I thought BA planes were always too hot can’t win

allturnleft Oct 12, 2019 3:22 am

Big double page spread in todays Times with Willie Walsh flying the inaugural a350 to Toronto

Forgotten he was an ex pilot

The first officer of the plane said comparing the a350 to the old fleet was like comparing a ferrari to a Renault Clio

WW points out they don’t need first class on al flights and that comparison to the ME3 is not valid as their route net works are not in direct competition

And he insists they are investing in IT

Globaliser Oct 12, 2019 4:25 am

Originally Posted by allturnleft (Post 31619911)

I think he still is an ex pilot!

martin102 Oct 12, 2019 8:22 am

Originally Posted by allturnleft (Post 31619911)
Big double page spread in todays Times with Willie Walsh flying the inaugural a350 to Toronto

The first officer of the plane said comparing the a350 to the old fleet was like comparing a ferrari to a Renault Clio

WW points out they don’t need first class on al flights and that comparison to the ME3 is not valid as their route net works are not in direct competition

And he insists they are investing in IT

He forgets that people who live in the regions or anywhere in Europe going east have an alternative with the ME3. It’s just as easy and possibly better doing EDI to DOH or DXB to where ever than go through LHR. I suppose IAG are targeting the transatlantic travel.

Mutu Oct 12, 2019 11:01 am

Originally Posted by martin102 (Post 31620444)
He forgets that people who live in the regions or anywhere in Europe going east have an alternative with the ME3. It’s just as easy and possibly better doing EDI to DOH or DXB to where ever than go through LHR. I suppose IAG are targeting the transatlantic travel.

Indeed. Here really is t anything g Cruz Walsh and the Ba and IAG management can do about the global position of the UK relative to the world.

Ofcourse if the MiddleEast was in fact the Middle West the route map might be very different 🤓🤓🤓

Jagboi Oct 12, 2019 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by martin102 (Post 31620444)
It’s just as easy and possibly better doing EDI to DOH or DXB to where ever than go through LHR. I suppose IAG are targeting the transatlantic travel.

I have a colleague who fairly regularly goes from Canada to ABZ. His favourite route is with KLM via AMS. Says it is much better to transfer than LHR, and prefers the service and seat of KLM vs BA's 787.

TravellerFrequently Oct 16, 2019 11:52 pm

BA passengers: Cabin fumes gave us breathing problems

"Passengers on a British Airways flight to Valencia which filled with smoke mid-air have told the BBC they are still experiencing breathing difficulties two months on".

The article goes on to highlight other alleged fume events and the industry concerns about this issue.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50074402

delores Oct 17, 2019 1:22 am

And about time this was brought to light. Maybe BA will acknowledge at last.

Dambus Oct 17, 2019 4:02 am

“...the pilots removed their oxygen masks on arrival and the first officer "proceeded to vomit on two occasions".

The captain "proceeded to A&E the next morning after experiencing a strong headache" the memo said”

:eek:

babats Oct 29, 2019 6:24 am

Breaking news from the DM - complain and your compensation offer will be zero'd!

Story about couple bound for Greece who were thrown off flight after other passengers complained - BA offered £150 each in vouchers. Couple complain, offer reduced to zilch - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ced-error.html

hectorb Oct 29, 2019 7:31 am

High profile media mention for BA at 5 down in a recent Grauniad crossword