FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1949126-ba-tier-point-runs-2019-20-edition.html)

Ajm1987 Jan 7, 2019 12:46 pm

I'm getting £1,225 for INV-LHR-HEL-LHR-JFK-SFO and back - should I be able to improve on that? Also is there a minimum stay requirement please?

KARFA Jan 7, 2019 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Ajm1987 (Post 30623427)
I'm getting £1,225 for INV-LHR-HEL-LHR-JFK-SFO and back - should I be able to improve on that? Also is there a minimum stay requirement please?

Main fare rules are here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30621227-post72.html

flashware Jan 7, 2019 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Ajm1987 (Post 30623427)

For a HEL shuffle that seems to be about the right price.

Ajm1987 Jan 7, 2019 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by flashware (Post 30623552)
For a HEL shuffle that seems to be about the right price.

Great thank you, and thanks KARFA for the link.

Does this also seem about right? If it seems strange at all, it may be because I was after:
- all A350 for LHR/HEL legs
- BA 747 upper deck on the outbound transatlantic
- try AA business class on the return transatlantic

Not a bad price at all but any suggestions to reduce it are of course welcome!

EDIT: can't add an image for some reason, please see here: https://imgur.com/qAI5TD4

Hoch Jan 7, 2019 2:00 pm

*Sigh* I knew I should have checked for any updates before booking my OTP-PHX trip. INV even to LAX or LAS would have been a lot more convenient, though only marginally cheaper. Nevermind.

Apropos, it all worked out well booking the flights on the phone. The chap was probably one of the best I have ever spoken with it. He took a guess and asked if I had everything written done and told me to e-mail it to him. The actually booking process only took about 10 minutes, but we were chatting during it so that stretched out to about 25 minutes.

Master Hoch is off to PHX for the summer!

H

wanderupfront Jan 7, 2019 2:15 pm

Thanks guys. Managed to get the BA1 into the routing but it pushes the cost upto 17K!

Happy to book a more straight forward route without airport change. Is there a quick tool/way to work out the Tier points from ITA fares?

jordie Jan 7, 2019 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by savzur (Post 30623160)
Evening everyone

With a few hours left for booking this wonderful run, I thought I'd share my itinerary for those folks who want to get to the LAS in August and then maybe connect to other places that aren't 40 Celsius. :)

Phoned BA to book. Smooth ride. Lady was fascinated to see a price below 1k on her screen for this. :)

Keep flying!

Ive tried to get the same as you however i get the last flight in INV and also the LAX to LAS is economy unless i am missing something from the matrix?

pinkcat Jan 7, 2019 3:10 pm

Not completely TP maximised but enough TP for under a grand..... dates 7-18 April
INV-LHR-PHL-LAS LAS-PHL-LHR-INV 747 and those nice new A321 cross country £983 booked with Flight Network in the end due to AA.com still messing me about

RG1X Jan 7, 2019 3:12 pm

Quick question... AA or BA for the business class return from JFK?

Apparently Boeing 777 (AA 104) vs Boeing 777 (BA182)

flashware Jan 7, 2019 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by RG1X (Post 30624098)

AA every time.

navylad Jan 7, 2019 3:18 pm

i personally prefer BA to AA, but I’m aware there are others on here who disagree. What I would say is that BA’s 777 is BA’s worst J hard product IMHO.

WESTLANT departures are mainly about eating dinner and sleeping. It took 98 minutes from wheels up to dinner being served in AA in my recent flight on AA, vs 52 on my last BA flight. The white-Company bedding on BA is superior to the cheap blanket on AA. You get the perception of more personal space on AA, unless you like me don’t like your foot area brings more restrictive and in a box.BA lounges offer free pour access to alocihol and better food options than AA lounges although the Flagship Lounge on AA is a significant improvement.

EC261/04 wouldnt apply to a booking on AA in the event or IRROPS.

YVMV.

PxC Jan 7, 2019 3:18 pm

Booking this via BA (not interested in going via NY) and need to book it by phone, given the UK call centres have now closed, does anyone have any ideas? I'm assuming tomorrow morning will be too late...

Secondly, just in case I run out of options and have to book with AA via NY, what would I put into flight matrix to make it delay my final leg LHR-INV to the following day/morning? Currently I've put the code ":LAX NYC LHR". If I add 'min connect' it makes all of the connections on the return longer!?

Any help much appreciated

binman Jan 7, 2019 3:22 pm

AA all the way. Direct aisle access. CX lounge access in T3. Consistent food offering on board with per order. Solid IFE Bose headphones and IMHO good solid crew. Oh and the raid the larder is extensive and beautifully presented. I would not choose BA TATL when AA 777 lie flat available. Just did ARN MIA lie flat on AA everything on time, no fuss no bother. By comparison BA flights delayed and service ropey at best

trip report

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip...errerid=203415

RG1X Jan 7, 2019 3:24 pm

Ahh, T3. Sold!

Smid Jan 7, 2019 3:26 pm

This has been the first thing of interest in the area of TP runs for a long time for me, and such a short window. I tend to be slow to react to get going. I also backed off the OTP to PHX runs because all the transcons were either 6am or 11pm, making it a general grotty run of either 3am airport arrivals or 15 hours in the lounge... INV and back to MAN sounds wonderful too.

I wasn't planning any TP runs in recent times, what with the potentially currency extremities upcoming, and perhaps a lot less travel (and back to back travel difficulties and visas) in the next six months. My silver will run out this time next year, and I don't see anything but unsunny weekends in bognor for a few years at least. But glad to see others are keeping on...

I've been institutionalised by TP runs not great priced from and to places I don't want to, at crap flight times for so long now. Three years. This is the first one to pop for me, and if they extend it, I might reconsider.. Only silver because QR's decent prices to Auckland until they got blockaded....