Intra-Asia
TPE-DPS MH £472
TPE-DPS CX £523
TPE-CGK CX £547
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by liamrugby
Is it me or have the US deals dried up - Other than the ALG option, there don't appear to be any decent premium deals from EU to USA, unless i'm missing something? Dreading a potential west coast work trip in Econ.......
There have been plenty. I booked AMS-LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS return for under a grand last week.

OTP-PHX is still around for £1400.

There's stuff out there.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by liamrugby
Is it me or have the US deals dried up - Other than the ALG option, there don't appear to be any decent premium deals from EU to USA, unless i'm missing something? Dreading a potential west coast work trip in Econ.......
These flash deals / price matches across alliances aren't published - don't expect a BA sale banner - keep an eye on the Premium Fare thread and grab anything that comes up and then use the 24 hours cooling off to make your mind up. There's been two or three USAs for £1000 this year (exAMS and INV)
HMPS likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 1:39 am
POG

LHR-ORD BA FIRST August dates £2k

Apologies new to this and using phone..here’s a screenshot rather than link..

(Also in August 4-14 are Inv-Lhr-Mia-sju rtn in BA F for £1800!)

ringingup and mikeyfly like this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Originally Posted by POG
Apologies new to this and using phone..here’s a screenshot rather than link..

(Also in August 4-14 are Inv-Lhr-Mia-sju rtn in BA F for £1800!)

Good find. NYC and Chicago in First are just under £2K for the same dates from INV; Vegas in Business is under £1,300 in case anyone needs to be on the west coast

Last edited by Ned1968; Apr 6, 2019 at 7:16 am
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Marriott Ambassador
Out of interest can anyone see anything in June/July/Aug to the west coast US (specifically the SFO area) for under £1800 in business? I can get to around there with an exEU from Dub flying into SJC but can't see anything approaching some of the prices people have mentioned recently
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Originally Posted by Soulfish
Out of interest can anyone see anything in June/July/Aug to the west coast US (specifically the SFO area) for under £1800 in business? I can get to around there with an exEU from Dub flying into SJC but can't see anything approaching some of the prices people have mentioned recently
You can get from Inverness to Las Vegas in August for under £1,300. LAS to SFO should be easy to find at a cheap price
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: BA exec, Thai ROP, Virgin
Trying to get to Lax in August

Family of 4. We need to back by August 22nd though but can leave from 24th July onwards. Please tell me how I can access the deals you mention from Inverness or anywhere easy to get to from London. I have tried Matrix, Google flights etc and can't get anything for less than 7k.
is there a trick to finding these deals?
We have 300, 000 avios and silver status but can't seem to find any upgrade availability. Happy to fly to Las and make out own way to Lax.
im very intrigued about how people in the know find these flights and manage to book them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Fiona Low
Family of 4. We need to back by August 22nd though but can leave from 24th July onwards. Please tell me how I can access the deals you mention from Inverness or anywhere easy to get to from London. I have tried Matrix, Google flights etc and can't get anything for less than 7k.
is there a trick to finding these deals?
We have 300, 000 avios and silver status but can't seem to find any upgrade availability. Happy to fly to Las and make out own way to Lax.
im very intrigued about how people in the know find these flights and manage to book them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Assuming two kids under 12 and a 12 night stay, this search returns a number of options at around £1200 per person (to LAS - fares to LAX are significantly higher).
Attached Images  
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: BA exec, Thai ROP, Virgin
Wow! Thank you, I'm not sure why I have not been able to do this myself. I shall try again replicating your example. Have a great day.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Fiona Low
Wow! Thank you, I'm not sure why I have not been able to do this myself. I shall try again replicating your example. Have a great day.
You're welcome!
If you get stuck, or have any further questions, do come back and ask. There's a lot of experience here, and we're happy to share it.

And welcome to the forum, by the way.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by Misco60
Assuming two kids under 12 and a 12 night stay, this search returns a number of options at around £1200 per person (to LAS - fares to LAX are significantly higher).
This definitely got my attention - although I’m looking for early Sept I have what may be a dumb question - if I wanted to fly ex iNV does returning to say Edinburgh push it into another price bracket? I’m happy to leave from INV bound for a number of US destinations but would rather not return to the same location. Is that feasible?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by scottish minnie

This definitely got my attention - although I’m looking for early Sept I have what may be a dumb question - if I wanted to fly ex iNV does returning to say Edinburgh push it into another price bracket? I’m happy to leave from INV bound for a number of US destinations but would rather not return to the same location. Is that feasible?
Yes it is and it doesn’t really push the price up unless there are no cheap fare buckets available on your return.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: Ba gold,honours diamond,spg Platinum,Marriott Platium
Looking for iInverness to Las Vegas 13th to 15sept returning 4th to 8th October looking for maximum
tier points
ie Inv-Lhr-jfk-lax-las-lax-jfk-Lhr-Inv
can anyone help me with this 2 adults
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by alexb1212
Looking for iInverness to Las Vegas 13th to 15sept returning 4th to 8th October looking for maximum
tier points
ie Inv-Lhr-jfk-lax-las-lax-jfk-Lhr-Inv
can anyone help me with this 2 adults
If you look at the screen shot from Matrix above, you can put your preferred route in the Routing Code space and it will pick out routes that way for your search, so for INV to LAS you can put LHR JFK LAX and see what comes up. Similar for return, rinse and repeat. Some have reported you can route the TATL from HEL, so go to London, then Helsinki, then head to the US from there. Haven't tried this, but you can play with the options. Might add a bit to the price, but you'll get an extra 80 TPs potentially each way.

This looks a bit like a variant of a fairly standard BA advance fare to the West Coast, bookable super early and with AA this time, which opens up the connection options; usually you can get fares like this with minimal messing around on BA, ie direct London to the West Coast. Main thing is that the lowest price requires departure and return on certain days. I think this one is departures on Mon to Wed, returns on weekdays, haven't gone through this in detail but if you see the fare jump to above 1400 quid, say, it's not that it isn't there for you, it might be that you need to pick the right days of the week to travel to get the absolute cheapest version of it.

One thing to note: I did try going out from INV and returning to MAN and the fare jumped by 300 quid; might be doing something wrong, but I am not sure that on this one there is so much flexibility about the point of return as there is sometimes with the BA fares.

Last edited by MarkedMan; Apr 7, 2019 at 8:48 pm
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (woohoo)
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
If you look at the screen shot from Matrix above, you can put your preferred route in the Routing Code space and it will pick out routes that way for your search, so for INV to LAS you can put LHR JFK LAX and see what comes up. Similar for return, rinse and repeat. Some have reported you can route the TATL from HEL, so go to London, then Helsinki, then head to the US from there. Haven't tried this, but you can play with the options. Might add a bit to the price, but you'll get an extra 80 TPs potentially each way.

I managed to squeeze MAD in without a noticeable increase in fare when playing yesterday - INV - LHR - MAD - JFK - LAX - LAS and return which got me up to 800 TPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.