Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The 2019 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Link to Text of the regulations in PDF format

Downgrades: Mennens case - calculation formula is in this post
787 cancellations due to Trent engine issues - CEDR ruling information from the post in the 2018 thread and onwards.
Print Wikipost

The 2019 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Smile

Originally Posted by The Law99
it was Lufthansa. i couldn't find a thread for them so i figured id ask on an active thread. if that's frowned upon i can delete my original message
We're a friendly enough bunch here. I'm sure Karfa and c-w-s are happy to help
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
As per this thread on the LH forium this does appear to be inline with Lufthansa's current compensation process, not just EC261. The request for photo id is proving controversial.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1973739-clear-photo-affected-passengers-holding-their-id-next-their-face.html
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
As per this thread on the LH forium this does appear to be inline with Lufthansa's current compensation process, not just EC261. The request for photo id is proving controversial.

A clear photo of the affected passengers holding their ID next to their face
thanks. i'll move over there.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA

I have noticed the same for BA flights in the last week, the comments field appears blank on EF. Just checked one of my flights today and the same. I don’t know if this is a BA issue or an EF issue, but I hope whatever the problem it is fixed soon.
Maybe BA think the 'problem' is now 'fixed'.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:01 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by serfty
Maybe BA think the 'problem' is now 'fixed'.
EDIT: This has now been fixed.

The issue with Flight Status comments on some carriers not showing is an EF bug that we will fix in the next day or so. Sorry for the confusion, however next time please just email us directly if you have a question about EF results.

Last edited by ExpertFlyer Voice; Jun 24, 2019 at 10:24 am
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold
Could someone provide me the reasons listed why BA212 (BOS-LHR) on 22nd of June was delayed?

I was on that flight as the pilot claimed the cargo wasn’t loaded and we left 50 minutes late resulting in a misconnect for me. BA is now claiming we were late in London due to air traffic control restrictions however we were just on hold for like 5 minutes. They are refusing my claim because according to them I would have made my flight if there was no air traffic control restrictions, any ideas?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by WorldClub
Could someone provide me the reasons listed why BA212 (BOS-LHR) on 22nd of June was delayed?

I was on that flight as the pilot claimed the cargo wasn’t loaded and we left 50 minutes late resulting in a misconnect for me. BA is now claiming we were late in London due to air traffic control restrictions however we were just on hold for like 5 minutes. They are refusing my claim because according to them I would have made my flight if there was no air traffic control restrictions, any ideas?
Flight arrival time was 0729 BST which is 39 minutes later than scheduled arrival time.

Of that delay 34 minutes was due to cargo issue .
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by cbagent
Flight arrival time was 0729 BST which is 39 minutes later than scheduled arrival time.

Of that delay 34 minutes was due to cargo issue .
Thank you even with no delay due to traffic delay it is very conceivable I would have missed that connection. Should I push BA or go through CEDR immediately?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:59 am

What was scheduled departure time of your next flight and from which terminal ?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:08 am

8.25 in T5A and we landed in T5C. Given it was an A380 there were so many people disembarking I knew I was never going to make conformance.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:45 am

Minimum connection time at T5 is 60 mins and you had a ticketed connection time of 95 min( assuming this was on one ticket ).
The cargo delay accounted for 34 mins of the overall delay which I expect will result in a denied claim as ( just ) less than the 35 mins cushion bulit into your connection.
I woud push back with BA and ask them to check " doors open " time for the inbound BA 212 as this could make all the difference.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by cbagent
Minimum connection time at T5 is 60 mins and you had a ticketed connection time of 95 min( assuming this was on one ticket ).
The cargo delay accounted for 34 mins of the overall delay which I expect will result in a denied claim as ( just ) less than the 35 mins cushion bulit into your connection.
I woud push back with BA and ask them to check " doors open " time for the inbound BA 212 as this could make all the difference.
In any case you cannot go to CEDR until BA has told you they won’t discuss your claim anymore (‘deadlock’) or they have failed to reply to you for 8 weeks. So it’s worth going back to them with a 2 liner, along the lines suggested by cbagent
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by WorldClub
8.25 in T5A and we landed in T5C. Given it was an A380 there were so many people disembarking I knew I was never going to make conformance.
The absolute minimum time you need from T5C to make a 35 minute conformance is 48 minutes on the aircraft door at T5C. So yes, anything more than about 5 minutes of delay getting out of the aircraft and you wouldn't make it. And that kind of fits in with the reply from @cbagent . There is some flexibility with the 35 minutes, but there wouldn't be scope for this if you had checked bags. You still have a line of argument, namely there was perhaps more BA could have done to get you to your connection even with the other factors, but it would require careful argument. This is all assuming you were more than 3 hours late into your destination.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The absolute minimum time you need from T5C to make a 35 minute conformance is 48 minutes on the aircraft door at T5C. So yes, anything more than about 5 minutes of delay getting out of the aircraft and you wouldn't make it. And that kind of fits in with the reply from @cbagent . There is some flexibility with the 35 minutes, but there wouldn't be scope for this if you had checked bags. You still have a line of argument, namely there was perhaps more BA could have done to get you to your connection even with the other factors, but it would require careful argument. This is all assuming you were more than 3 hours late into your destination.
Thank you all for the replies!
Yes I was on one ticket, I had checked luggage and yes I was delayed more than 3 hours to my destination as the first following flight out was much later in the day.

I have asked for the doors open time for now. Anything else I would need to make my case?

Old Jun 26, 2019, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
With regards to what BA could do: there were actually a few passengers that got a transit in a car (the famous Jaguar connection I presume) to get them on their next flight in time. Alas nothing for me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.