Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Was it possible to celebrate New Year in London and then New York flying concorde?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Was it possible to celebrate New Year in London and then New York flying concorde?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1P
Going from the east coast of Australia to the West Coast of the USA, of course you arrive before you've even left.... Have done that more than a few times.
Exactly.
Celebrate all night in Japan, shovel all the drunks onto the Concorde around 3-4 AM, land late afternoon in San Francisco, and repeat.
mhy likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:48 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by amt
Was it possible Yes... Concorde LHR-JFK was typically 3.5hrs, NYC is GMT-5. You’d have to leave between 00:01 and 01:29. The evening Concorde departure was I believe about 18:30-19:00 and Heathrow curfew is 11:30pm.

CX has flights leaving HKG to SFO/LAX/YVR between 00:15 and 01:00. You could celebrate New Years in HKG and arrive in any of the above for 20:00-21:00 the same day.

No, the previous day - I wished my father happy father's day 24 hours early as a result of flying from HKG - YVR
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by bobbysfca
Exactly.
Celebrate all night in Japan, shovel all the drunks onto the Concorde around 3-4 AM, land late afternoon in San Francisco, and repeat.
Don;t forget the refuelling stop in Anchorage - Concorde did not have the range to do a non-stop.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Have a feeling concorde spirit tours may of planned to do this the year Concorde got grounded after AF4590.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Did it on a channel tunnel crossing, not much celebrating though!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by GBobon
or maybe UA101 IAH-SYD
…..or either NZ flight LAX-AKL...…. I've "lost" my birthday twice on that route.... (Bad news though..the other 364 days STILL count! lol)
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I flew HKG-LHR on NYE in 2016, departing at 2330; not sure if it was technically correct but I decided to put my watch back an hour, every hour, until I reached GMT and have another glass of champagne to celebrate! I like to think I celebrated NYE five times in one night but my champagne-fuelled maths may be a little off...
Prospero and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
A friend in South Africa flew JNB-LHR-JFK-LAX. JNB-LHR was overnight, LHR-JFK was on Concorde the next morning and JFK-LAX was still the same morning with the time difference.
He said he got three breakfasts. I've always assumed that to be true?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
You could do it this year if you wish! Take flight NH106, leaving Haneda at 00.05 and arriving in LA at 17:00 the previous day.

Okay, arguably you won't get to party much in Tokyo, as the doors of the aircraft will have closed by midnighht
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by gcuk
A friend in South Africa flew JNB-LHR-JFK-LAX. JNB-LHR was overnight, LHR-JFK was on Concorde the next morning and JFK-LAX was still the same morning with the time difference.
He said he got three breakfasts. I've always assumed that to be true?
The JFK-LAX wouldn't be a breakfast flight, assuming it was AA. BA001 was scheduled to arrive at 9.15am and really varied little from that as weather didn't affect it much. I don't know what the old LMCT was between AA and BA at JFK before the current T8 opened but I can't imagine it was less than 90mins. I've taken AA JFK-LAX flights at 10.00am that were lunch flights. Obviously that could have changed in the last 15yrs!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.