FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Current membership kit contents (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1942858-current-membership-kit-contents.html)

madrooster Nov 28, 2018 12:10 pm

Current membership kit contents

Does anyone here have a photo of the current contents of the bronze/silver/gold membership kit contents ie. obtained when gaining a status level?

T8191 Nov 28, 2018 12:40 pm

ISTR our last Gold renewal packs just contained the memebership card with no luggage tags.

Not been ‘promoted’ for a while, though, so can’t comment on that.

The _Banking_Scot Nov 28, 2018 12:49 pm

Hi,

Likewise my last recent Gold renewal pack just had the welcome letter and the membership card.

Regards

TBS

endoman Nov 28, 2018 1:04 pm

Got a silver and a bronze in our household in the last 2 weeks. Both same, membership card, letter and 2 bag tags. Both were people new to that status level.

Infinite Possibilities Nov 28, 2018 1:04 pm

I don’t have a photo, but - to the best of my recollection - my Gold welcome package (when promoted from Silver) contained the following:
  • two luggage tags (with two black straps)
  • one membership card
  • one welcome letter
  • one Golden Ticket and a small piece of paper which gave a URL to submit further compliments
IIRC, I received this around August 1 (of this year), so fairly recently.

KeaneJohn Nov 28, 2018 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by madrooster (Post 30476578)
Does anyone here have a photo of the current contents of the bronze/silver/gold membership kit contents ie. obtained when gaining a status level?

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...1eee03502.jpeg

This was the pack on reaching Gold last year, letter,bag tags, golden ticket. Renewal this year just a new membership card.

UKtravelbear Nov 28, 2018 1:09 pm

Achieving Gold as per Infinite Possibilities post

Renewing Gold = new card and a golden ticket

RichP Nov 28, 2018 3:38 pm

I got my pack this week, renewal of GGL. Contained card, Golden tickets, and luggage tags, but no straps for the tags, which I found a bit odd.

madrooster Nov 28, 2018 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn (Post 30476808)
This was the pack on reaching Gold last year, letter,bag tags, golden ticket. Renewal this year just a new membership card.

What's the black sheet with gold lettering?

Thanks everyone for your input. Does anyone have a photo of the bronze/silver kits?

simons1 Nov 28, 2018 9:50 pm

I'm surprised BA still issues plastic cards. There must be a few pennies to be saved there.

Akoz Nov 28, 2018 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by madrooster (Post 30477989)
What's the black sheet with gold lettering?

Thanks everyone for your input. Does anyone have a photo of the bronze/silver kits?

Mrs Azok should have a new Bronze kit arriving after Monday 10th Dec, will post photos then.

subject2load Nov 28, 2018 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by RichP (Post 30477390)
I got my pack this week, renewal of GGL. Contained card, Golden tickets, and luggage tags, but no straps for the tags, which I found a bit odd.

No exalted GGL for me ....just Gold. On recent renewal (couple of weeks ago) I received new card, golden ticket, accompanying letter, and that was about it.

Ref your strap-less luggage tags .... hmm .... odd indeed (though perhaps no great surprise !). Even Oman Air managed to include (quality) straps with their Gold pack.

BA6948 Nov 28, 2018 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load (Post 30478468)

No exalted GGL for me ....just Gold. On recent renewal (couple of weeks ago) I received new card, golden ticket, accompanying letter, and that was about it.

Ref your strap-less luggage tags .... hmm .... odd indeed (though perhaps no great surprise !). Even Oman Air managed to include (quality) straps with their Gold pack.

just received mine. It had the new card, letter and 2 luggage tags with straps. Not that I care about luggage straps. I find it cheesy to walk around the airport with the Gold Tag on one’s hand luggage.
No Golden ticket at all.

subject2load Nov 29, 2018 12:13 am

@ BA6948 - like you, I never bother with the luggage tags either. My comment was more by way of reference to the absence of straps mentioned above by RichP.

As an aside ...... interesting to see that the missing bit in your ‘pack’ was the Golden Ticket. You gotta love the apparent variation in range of content received by so many of us. But then ..... I guess it wouldn’t be BA without the familiar inconsistency :o

BA6948 Nov 29, 2018 2:57 am

Originally Posted by subject2load (Post 30478601)
@ BA6948 - like you, I never bother with the luggage tags either. My comment was more by way of reference to the absence of straps mentioned above by RichP.

As an aside ...... interesting to see that the missing bit in your ‘pack’ was the Golden Ticket. You gotta love the apparent variation in range of content received by so many of us. But then ..... I guess it wouldn’t be BA without the familiar inconsistency :o

As I say, they are inconsistently inconsistent. As for the Gold, they might have assumed I don't need as I am used to rant a lot about their service in Y! :D

SteveF Nov 29, 2018 3:14 am

Bearing in mind that I've never needed to show my card (of any colour) when checking in or accessing a lounge and that using the luggage tags appears to be tantamount to social suicide, the membership pack is basically a load of tat destined for landfill.

ThatT1Feeling Nov 29, 2018 3:44 am

GGL gets a letter (new or renewal), 1 x GGL card, 2 x Golden tickets (albeit this comes with a Gold, not GGL accompanying letter) , 2 x luggage tags (with straps!)

Arrives in a nice Gold envelope with the GGL crown. Looks quite classy.

KARFA Nov 29, 2018 3:56 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling (Post 30478932)
GGL gets a letter (new or renewal), 1 x GGL card, 2 x Golden tickets (albeit this comes with a Gold, not GGL accompanying letter) , 2 x luggage tags (with straps!)

yes, I was going to say I don't think I have got any golden tickets included in my GGL renewal over the last few years. I think the last time I got some it was in a separate specific mailing.

Coffeemadman Nov 29, 2018 3:57 am

Originally Posted by BA6948 (Post 30478864)

As I say, they are inconsistently inconsistent. As for the Gold, they might have assumed I don't need as I am used to rant a lot about their service in Y! :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DpuvYIIW0AIzrsi.jpg

fluffymitten Nov 29, 2018 3:59 am

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I got in 2016 when I first reached silver...

subject2load Nov 29, 2018 4:14 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling (Post 30478932)

Sounds very organised / professional when you set it out like that !
Except ....it’s apparent that not all GGL’s get all that you’ve listed.

RichP Nov 29, 2018 11:51 am

Originally Posted by subject2load (Post 30478468)

I did find it a bit odd. Still, maybe they know I don't actually use the strap...

T8191 Nov 29, 2018 12:49 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by RichP (Post 30480389)

I did find it a bit odd. Still, maybe they know I don't actually use the strap...

Wiser heads use wire ties anyway ... ISTR about £0.89 for 10! :)

I have a large number of leather ones for sale on eBay when i get round to it, unless anyone here wants to bid!!

RichP Nov 29, 2018 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 30480635)

I have a large number of leather ones for sale on eBay when i get round to it, unless anyone here wants to bid!!

I use paracord. Just as effective, and allows for a bit of colour to help distinguish my black case from all the others on the luggage carrousel.

simons1 Nov 29, 2018 11:58 pm

Yep - bought a load in the dollar shop in US for use in the office. They often come in handy.

Originally Posted by SteveF (Post 30478892)
Bearing in mind that I've never needed to show my card (of any colour) when checking in or accessing a lounge and that using the luggage tags appears to be tantamount to social suicide, the membership pack is basically a load of tat destined for landfill.

That's what I thought too....which is why I'm surprised BA still produce them. Still, whatever turns you on I guess.

MiraculousM Nov 30, 2018 2:49 am

Hi

Do you have a link to the metal wire ties? thank you!