Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BAEC Silver, can't select seats on Iberia flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG

I've posted this in the Iberia forum but doesn't seem to be as active as BAEC.

Hi,

I've made a booking for 4 persons (all on the same booking) with Iberia, directly on their website for a flight from Spain to Brasil.

I'm a BAEC/Silver and OW/Sapphire card holder but I can't seem to find a way to reserve seats for that booking.

In the MMB on Iberia it just states "Seats cannot be selected for this flight"

I've tried to go to manage booking on Finnair and I can see the flight details but can't make any changes. If I add it on my BAEC account it says that there are no BA segments and thus cannot be managed through BAEC.

If I just do MMB on British Airways I can get redirected to Iberia Seat Selection but this is just a static page with my randomly selected seats, no way to update.

I thought one of the OW/Sapphire tier was free seat selection.
Can anyone point me in the direction of reserving seats on this flight because currently our 4 assigned seats are not even in the same row.

Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:48 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Depending on how you booked there may be a separate IB PNR that can be used for seat reservation. Try opening your booking in classic.checkmytrip.com and see if there is another PNR reference.

EDIT: Just re-read and if you booked directly on IB you will not have a separate PNR. Try RJ.com or Qantas.com for seat reservation.

Otherwise you may need to call.

See also: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...on-iberia.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...ction-fee.html
Old Oct 24, 2014, 4:49 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AAtticus
I've made a booking for 4 persons (all on the same booking) with Iberia, directly on their website for a flight from Spain to Brasil.

I'm a BAEC/Silver and OW/Sapphire card holder but I can't seem to find a way to reserve seats for that booking.
Hi AAtticus,

Are any of these flights on BA metal?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
All flights are on Iberia metal but I'm enrolled in BAEC.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I had a problem with an Iberia booking containing BA flights. So it's not the same issue.

I'm not an expert, but I think you'll have to phone Iberia customer services.

Maybe someone else here has different advice.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
I recall cracking this issue via a tip in a flyertalk post. I think I ended up in Qatar's website and picked (? changed) seats there.
Previously finnair had worked, but not that time.
Sorry my search skills can't pull-up that particular post.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
As above the trick is to use the Qatar website - however you must first of all remove the BA exec club account number from the booking on attempt one. Go to Qatarairways.com , select manage a booking , enter reservation code and last name , then modify traveller details , under the frequent flyer details , ensure field one remains 'please select' and then delete the frequent flyer number, so that that field is empty. Press save, come out of the booking. Then add your BA number using that process when you go into it. It should let you select seats. If that fails I've just wasted 3 minutes of my life but you could always try the RJ website as a plan B .
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:26 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
I used the Qatar website, but didn't need to remove/re-add BAEC number as advised by BERbound [and I really hope that you're not in a hurry!]
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: BA
couldnt get this to work on Qatar, but did get it to work via the RJ website so thanks for that !
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I am definitely trying this next time... I fly to / from MAD quite a bit and It bugs the bejeezus out of me.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
FWIW just edited an Iberia booking on QR's website to change IB no. to BAEC no. and it seems to have stuck. Neat.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
I had issues on an IB operated BA reward booking earlier this year as a BA Silver / OWS. Their English language Twitter team managed to allocate my desired seats after a bit of back and forth.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:42 pm

None of different sites let me change it. BA booking, IB metal. I got customer services in the GC lounge to allocate the seat I wanted as I was passing through. However their display wasn't 100% clear which were exit seats so I had to check and tell them the seat number I wanted.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by criso
None of different sites let me change it. BA booking, IB metal. I got customer services in the GC lounge to allocate the seat I wanted as I was passing through. However their display wasn't 100% clear which were exit seats so I had to check and tell them the seat number I wanted.
Do you mean you were passing through en route to board that flight? Or just that you were already passing through on another flight?

Only if you're 10 minutes from the gate I guess you're taking pot luck as to whether what you want is even still available.

Just curious. I think this will be a more frequent situation for me going forward (which I am frankly not thrilled about) and want to extract as much useful knowledge as possible.

Cheers
Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by Pascoe
Do you mean you were passing through en route to board that flight? Or just that you were already passing through on another flight?

Only if you're 10 minutes from the gate I guess you're taking pot luck as to whether what you want is even still available.

Just curious. I think this will be a more frequent situation for me going forward (which I am frankly not thrilled about) and want to extract as much useful knowledge as possible.

Cheers
I've done it when passing through on another flight as I'm travelling a couple of times a month atm. Or once selected seat for return on outbound leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.