Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booked on 2 flights, same route, same day, do I need to cancel one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

For various complicated reasons, I'm booked as follows

Day 1

LHR-CPH
LHR - ARN

Day 2

ARN-LHR (13:20)
ARN-LHR (15:25)

---

LHR-ARN and ARN-LHR (13:20) is one ticket
and
LHR-CPH and ARN-LHR (15:25) is one ticket

I'm 99% sure I'm going to take the 2nd set of flights via CPH

Do I need to cancel the other ticket? I may need to change which one I need to use at the last hour.

I know the tickets will be cancelled automatically if I don't take the outbound, but just wondering if the BA system will see me on 2 flights, both of which I could not possibly take, and cancel both, or the wrong one.
Old May 14, 2019, 3:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
No you don't need to cancel. The issue is if you have two tickets for the same flight, in those cases BA may auto cancel one. If it's different flights then there isn't a problem.
mrandery likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
if different flights, it's fine - plenty of people do this in circumstances where it might be cheaper than a flexible ticket...I have a colleague will regularly show up for a day of meetings somewhere with 2 or 3 different seats home booked at different times, in case meetings run short or long

just make sure - as you know - that you fly the outbound leg of the ticket you want to fly the return portion of!
mrandery likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks. I'll leave it alone then.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I've heard that BA will sometimes autocancel if they're aware of the same passenger being booked on two separate but overlapping flights; is this not the case?
Old May 17, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ratypus
....plenty of people do this in circumstances where it might be cheaper than a flexible ticket...I have a colleague will regularly show up for a day of meetings somewhere with 2 or 3 different seats home booked at different times, in case meetings run short or long ....
I think we should quote this thread when angrily asked (as happens quite frequently) how BA or any airline can be allowed to overbook flights.
jctech likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.