Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

To recline or not to recline that is the question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To recline or not to recline that is the question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Wink

Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp

You’d enjoy my knees in the back of the seat if you tried that on me.
Oh... how so when there are no seats directly behind my seat in the last row of WTP or the last rows at the very back of the plane? Reason I choose the rows I do is to avoid knees
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Incorrect, the new Neo a320 feature non reclining seats from row 13 or so I believe
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:17 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I will recline automatically on an overnight flight on which I'm going to sleep. On a daytime flight I am more likely to recline if the row behind me has an empty middle seat and my reclining is less likely to impact those behind me.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by dddc

Cathay have abandoned their fixed back shell seats in economy, although you may find them still on some older planes on intra-Asia flights. They were pretty much hated by most that flew on them because they felt like you were were slumped rather than reclined.
I seem to remember it was Malaysian that had those shell seats. Either way, they were uncomfortable as the seats had not nearly enough padding and when 'reclined' you had the hard plastic shell hitting part of your head. Other than that, it was a good idea!!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver
We flew to KL yesterday in WTP. The person seated infront of Mrs SHT88T went full recline in one, sharp movement and stayed there for 9 hours. Unlike me, Mrs SHT88T has short legs so didn’t have the seat smash against he kneecaps.

Reclining is fine by me, provided you do it respectfully. It’s fair to say I felt the actions described above were somewhat rude but bit my tounge as the WTP cabin was half empty with plenty of other seats to move to for some space.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:39 pm

My sympathy for folks who don't like the seat in front reclining (ever) was reduced somewhat by the guy behind me who demanded I not recline because it wasn't as comfortable for him...…..yet HE was fully reclined already...… Apparently THAT was different....
PAL62V and george77300 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.