Original Poster

Programs: Ba gold,honours diamond,spg Platinum,Marriott Platium
Best lax lounge to use

We are arriving at term4 and leaving term b 4 hours to kill we are flying on aa
We have Ba gold status
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:01 pm

What route?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Qantas First lounge at TBIT is the best lounge at LAX by a country mile. T4 and TBIT (Terminal B as some airlines quote) are linked airside.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

We are Hnl -lax-Mia-Nas
Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by alexb1212
We are Hnl -lax-Mia-Nas
If it wasn't clear before - as a BA Gold/OneWorld Emerald, you should use the QF First Lounge in TBIT. You can also use the AA Flagship lounge in T4, but it isn't really a patch on the QF F lounge.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks will do
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by opalfruit
If it wasn't clear before - as a BA Gold/OneWorld Emerald, you should use the QF First Lounge in TBIT. You can also use the AA Flagship lounge in T4, but it isn't really a patch on the QF F lounge.

Particularly for the new few months, since the LAX Flagship is being rebuilt and there is a temporary facility moved to the far end of the Admirals. Same food and drink options (in fact I suspect they may have increased the number of items, there's a bit more space in the buffet room), but the room and décor isn't too stunning and there's no WC in the Flagship pro tem.

Having said that, if time was short, and you wanted to maximise your lounge time rather than allow for the walk to the other terminal, personally I'd stick to Flagship since the one thing to be said for LAX T4 is that it is quite compact. So you could be in the lounge within 2 minutes of disembarking at LAX.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Having said that, if time was short, and you wanted to maximise your lounge time rather than allow for the walk to the other terminal, personally I'd stick to Flagship since the one thing to be said for LAX T4 is that it is quite compact. So you could be in the lounge within 2 minutes of disembarking at LAX.
OP states that they are flying from terminal B though (as they mention LAX-MIA, I assume that they are on the 777 flight which departs from there) so there is no time gained by using the T4 lounge over the QF F one in TBIT since they'd need to go from T4 to TBIT. Apologies if I am not understanding their itinerary correctly.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by orbitmic
OP states that they are flying from terminal B though (as they mention LAX-MIA, I assume that they are on the 777 flight which departs from there) so there is no time gained by using the T4 lounge over the QF F one in TBIT since they'd need to go from T4 to TBIT. Apologies if I am not understanding their itinerary correctly.
I wasn't sure myself since most MIA departures are from T4. I wasn't aware the 777 went from TBIT, but I can see why it would have to do so.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I wasn't sure myself since most MIA departures are from T4. I wasn't aware the 777 went from TBIT, but I can see why it would have to do so.
Indeed, all other MIA (and other AA) flights are from T4, but this plane effectively flies SYD-LAX-MIA and thus arrives at TBIT, which I think is why the LAX-MIA goes from there. I can't remember if 777 from MIA also land into TBIT (which would suggest an additional gate issue) but will be on it next week so can double check!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:18 am

I think its a no brainer. Having been in both lounges last week, the temporary Flagship lounge is really nothing to write home about, whereas the QF First lounge is excellent, with really good food (try the tacos of the day) and very friendly staff.

For future reference, even if departing from Terminal 4, it is very easy to reach the QF lounge at TBIT. TBIT is signposted immediately after security in T4, and is a short 3-5 minute walk (with travelators), and conveniently the very first thing you come to in TBIT is the QF First lounge - really, really easy to do, and worth the detour given the vast superiority of the QF lounge and dining options.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Used the Flagship Lounge yesterday and was VERY impressed with the food offerings as well as the space, the views, the natural light, etc. Breakfast was a cold buffet of fresh cut fruit (including papaya and dragonfruit), smoked salmon, sushi, cold cuts, a BLT salad and cookies, a hot buffet of four kinds of eggs, 2 kinds of sausages, bacon, corned beef hash, potatoes, etc. plus a grill where they were doing fresh whole wheat pancakes with your choice of blueberries, strawberries or raspberries. The one thing i didn't see was a selection of breakfast pastries which I like in the lounges at LHR. Anyway, since this is also for OW Sapphires, it's technically equivalent to Galleries Club but a fair bit nicer. In any case, I wouldn't rank this that much lower than the Qantas lounges in TBIT and definitely a step up from the Admirals Clubs. The changeover to lunch at 11 wasn't as good; four cold plates and six to eight hot dishes that looked OK but nothing I wanted to try (and I was full from breakfast). Service was also excellent with plenty of people clearing and cleaning. So don't rule this lounge out if you have plenty of time at LAX.
MaxFlyer and orbitmic like this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Agree that the new Flagship lounge at LAX and other locations is excellent in all areas. I can’t wait for the LHR lounge to be refurbished. Only downside is that it can get very busy now that entrance requirements have been relaxed.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:09 pm

Mmmm, well Flagship can now get very crowded and busy, whereas the previous Flagship lounge before the refurb - which had a smaller but similar style buffet - was an oasis of calm. Now I've only made 4 visits there in the last 2 months, so I may have been unlucky, but I'm not keen on the big screen TV lounge, and the tables by the food were all taken. So you're right the sheer range of food is impressive, and it has a high staff ratio, but it's not that relaxing.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:56 pm

If you have 4 hours, I would do both. Go to QF First first for a shower, meal and Mumm Champagne. Then head to the Flagship Lounge. Transfer time between the liunges is minimal if your're mobile. I second the opinions that the Flagship Lounge is almost as good as the QF lounge, and Apron view is better than the Terminal view in QF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.