Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gatwick: moving up in my estimation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (11/Dec/18)
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Just putting it out there that one of my life goals is to meet the ever charming, amazingly helpful and quite legendary @uncleT in the LGW GC lounge however understandably he's to be found in GF most the time but one can live in hope.
I should also have met the legendary @T8191 in Jersey at the 2015 Do but had to bail out through poor finances at the time... and despite my many visits to his island, I've yet to bump into the man himself!

Although with all things considered, I hope to be turning left at the LGW lounges post February next year, I was guested once into GF at the North Terminal and found it to be quite busy, so have yet to experience GF in the South...
Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ratypus

For a Gold card holder, the First lounge at LGW is also (normally) blissfully peaceful compared with the Galleries First zoo at LHR. I genuinely enjoy and relax for my time there. The Club lounge is not bad either.
Agree on this point - I just wish it wasn't an 80 mile drive for me, vs 39 miles for Heathrow. Last two visits to the F Lounge at LHR has resulted in exiting the lounge as there wasn't any seat available. Not a great experience.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Gatwick is definitely growing on me since the move South - I'd like it even more if BA would stop removing 1F from the aircraft at some point after I've selected it and dumping me in something like 6C instead!!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've definitely had better LGW experience recently, with security (out) and immigration (in) being quick on all of my recent trips. The move between terminals and not having to take the shuttle train makes a big difference.

Getting to LGW is a different story though - every single time there are delayed trains, cancelled trains, or other issues, and getting to and from LGW has been and still is a massive pain.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Not 'obsessed' but wishing to pass efficiently and effortlessly wherever we go. Which in this case means using the lift instead of trudging up some steep stairs, not that I've ever done that thanks to C-W-S
Forewarned is Forearmed, Sir.

I would hate to be one of those people who stops at the top/bottom of an escalator and ponders 'what now?'
I've been thinking about my original post and apologise for the tone. I totally understand your point of view and indeed, I have been in a quiet fury as the First person off the flight and the last one off the bus!

What I should have explained was that I have often found the bus to be quicker than some of the interminable walks from plane to exit at Gatwick. And I didn't make that point at all.
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (11/Dec/18)
Originally Posted by Sealink
What I should have explained was that I have often found the bus to be quicker than some of the interminable walks from plane to exit at Gatwick. And I didn't make that point at all.
That all depends on if you get a jetbridge arrival still. This Sunday I arrived from JER onto remote stand 157 and had the benefit of the bus tour of the entire airfield and most of the perimeter road - this making up for the 15 minute early departure from Jersey I guess
T8191 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.